• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Oscar Nominees were announced

That is absurd.

The Passion of the Christ was nominated for three Oscars.

That was ten years ago, plus it wasn't nominated for best picture (nor should it have been). Best Cinematography, Best Makeup, and Best Original Score are all technical aspects of the movie; Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Screenplay, etc. are more about the actual content of the movie.

I really liked Theory of Everything, but it definitely wasn't one of the ten best movies of the year (and I saw about 50 movies in 2014). Much of it was fairly derivative and none of the characters were particularly multi-dimensional. Really, the acting was the best thing it had going for it.

Gibson is indeed an antisemite, but Jesus was the most famous Jew ever to live.  

The only way it makes sense to call the movie antisemitic is if the tone towards the murder of Jesus was positive. 

come on cez, you're ruining nate's schtick

Gibson is indeed an antisemite, but Jesus was the most famous Jew ever to live.  

The only way it makes sense to call the movie antisemitic is if the tone towards the murder of Jesus was positive. 

It was two hours of portraying Jews as the enemy.

if you read the gospels in the new testament, it's pretty clear that the jews had it out for Jesus from the start. the romans happened to be the ones to carry out the execution so that the jews could avoid blame. they also wanted Jesus taken down from the cross before Sabbath started so they wouldn't be guilty of any sin.

if you read the gospels in the new testament, it's pretty clear that the jews had it out for Jesus from the start. the romans happened to be the ones to carry out the execution so that the jews could avoid blame. they also wanted Jesus taken down from the cross before Sabbath started so they wouldn't be guilty of any sin.

I know that.  The point is, it still got nominated for three Oscars.  So saying that the reason the Theory of Everything is nominated is because Steven Hawking is an Atheist is naive.

What does the movie getting nominated for 3 Oscars have to do with it being "anti-semite?"

Ok I will start again.

He insinuated that the movie got nominated because he is a prominent atheist.  I said that is absurd, my example was the Passion getting nominated for three Oscars.  You can't have it both ways.

Ok I will start again.

He insinuated that the movie got nominated because he is a prominent atheist.  I said that is absurd, my example was the Passion getting nominated for three Oscars.  You can't have it both ways.

I still don't get it.

Ok I will start again.

Got it.

That still doesn't explain how the passion is anti-semitic.

it's amazing what being single for a year will do. i've not seen one of these flicks.

Go see a movie by yourself some time. It's a relaxing experience. Most of my friends only ever want to see Transformers or other mediocre action flicks, so I end up seeing many movies by myself.

i don't think i've seen any of the major films and their nominees this year, so if anyone has all of these movies on DVD, i'd appreciate if you'd loan them to me for a binge weekend of watching. thanks.

There are theaters around that are showing all eight of the movies (half Saturday/half Sunday) on a coming weekend. I think a pass is about $35.

Edited by deepdrive