• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Oscar Nominees were announced

David Oyelowo should absolutely have been nominated for best actor.

I agree he probably deserved a nomination but not above Gylenhaal who was also slighted.

Above Cooper, and maybe above Carell who probably could have just as easily fit into Best Supporting role as I feel he had less screen time than Tatum but I guess they wanted to split up Ruffalo and Carell.

I also think Miles Teller wouldn't have been a bad choice for Whiplash.

Edited by Sam Sanchez

I haven't actually seen Selma yet, but it does seem that portraying an historical political figure in a feature nominated for best film often leads to a nomination:

Daniel Day Lewis - Lincoln

Colin Firth - Kings Speech

Sean Penn - Milk

Frank Langella - Frost Nixon

Anthony Hopkins - Nixon

Helen Mirren - The Queen

Don't for get PSH in Capote or Whitiker in Last King of Scotland

I haven't actually seen Selma yet, but it does seem that portraying an historical political figure in a feature nominated for best film often leads to a nomination:

Sean Penn - Milk

Anthony Hopkins - Nixon

Helen Mirren - The Queen

All white people. The academy is a bunch of racist white liberals.

American Sniper was awesome. Cooper was great. I also watched Selma that was very "meh". Sniper blows it out of the water.

I'm gonna give Birdman a watch since it's supposed to be the favorite for best pic.

American Sniper was very powerful. When the movie ended the packed theater was dead silent. You could only hear the shuffiling of feet leaving, not a single voice. I've never experienced anything like that in a movie. As for the other movies nominated for Best Picture, I have not seen them. I would like to see Selma though. Edited by Angels N Skins

Just watched American Sniper. It was a really good film....quite good. The whole love story sort of dragged on. It could have used a little more action but other than that it had me tearing up in the end.

you mean 1/2 of the movie?

i preferred The Imitation Game over AS.   Benedict Cumberbatch was outstanding

Sean Penn - Milk

Anthony Hopkins - Nixon

Helen Mirren - The Queen

Daniel Day Lewis would be nominated for playing a corpse

American Sniper was very powerful. When the movie ended the packed theater was dead silent. You could only hear the shuffiling of feet leaving, not a single voice. I've never experienced anything like that in a movie. As for the other movies nominated for Best Picture, I have not seen them. I would like to see Selma though.

so apparently you've never seen any steve gutenburg movies. 

Angels N Skins, on 20 Jan 2015 - 03:53 AM, said:

American Sniper was very powerful. When the movie ended the packed theater was dead silent. You could only hear the shuffiling of feet leaving, not a single voice. I've never experienced anything like that in a movie. As for the other movies nominated for Best Picture, I have not seen them. I would like to see Selma though.

people stayed in their seats quietly because...

...SPOILER ALERT...

they had to read what should have been included in the film. you know, the ending.

Edited by Lou