• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Evan Gattis to the Astros

Chuck

Conceivable that the last place AL West team wins at least 75 games? 

Astros are improved over the team that won 70 games in 2014. 

Rangers will be significantly improved thanks to players returning from injuries.

A'th will still be somewhat of a factor.

Halos and M's will both be solid.

This division is getting very competitive from top to bottom, no gimmes in it anymore. 

I think that the Braves got the better end of this deal - all part of their strategy to put a winner on the field for their new stadium in 2017. I am not sure that Astros should be trading such good prospects for a high K defensive liability like Gattis.

I sort of feel like the Astros are running out if time in their chance at trading their catchers for something if worth. If they were going to do that, it seems to me that November/December would've been the time to strike. Castro, Conger, Stassi, Gattis....

Corporan too right?

I sort of feel like the Astros are running out if time in their chance at trading their catchers for something if worth. If they were going to do that, it seems to me that November/December would've been the time to strike. Castro, Conger, Stassi, Gattis....

Scotty I wouldn't be surprised that the Astros already have a deal in place to move one of their catchers in trade. It wouldn't surprise me to know that a lot of teams have contingency agreements in place once they have acquired Player X. Of course they could simply be playing Conger/Castro in a platoon, Gattis at DH/LF/Backup C and Stassi as AAA/AA depth.

This is what is holding up the pitching market right now. Everyone is waiting for the Phillies to deal Cole Hamels so that the teams who miss out on him can then move to contingency plan A which would be signing Scherzer or Shields.

Edited by ettin

I actually think this move is fine for the Astros. Gattis has some nice club control and has the flexibility to play catcher/1B/LF. Plus, his crazy power makes him a nice bat to hit 5/6 in a lineup.

Ruiz is a nice little pickup for the Braves after trading Kubitza and Folty should become a really good late innings arm. I've actually liked the Braves' moves this offseason outside of signing Markakis, which seems to go against everything else they've done this offseason.