• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pastor kicks out mourners of a funeral because they found out the deceased was gay

Why would you have your funeral at a place that you don't agree with and doesn't agree with you? This makes no sense to me.

If it was such a big deal to this guy why didn't he ask before to find out if the deceased was gay or put something on the form?

But in answer to your question maybe they agreed on many things but not everything. Should we all only associate with people we only agree with on everything?

It's certainly his right to do what he wants but it's my right to think he's a jerk.

Free speech and all, blah blah blah. If i understand it correctly, the church 'catered' (for lack of a better word) to those effected by drugs, gangs, etc. Thats good of them, but they interrupt a funeral for this? What does the good word say about drugs and gangs? Would they do the same to someone who overdosed, or a gangster who got shot?

If they said no from the get go, it is what it is. Its offensive, but they have a right to their beliefs and opinions. But to stop it midway though is ridiculous

If it was such a big deal to this guy why didn't he ask before to find out if the deceased was gay or put something on the form?

But in answer to your question maybe they agreed on many things but not everything. Should we all only associate with people we only agree with on everything?

It's certainly his right to do what he wants but it's my right to think he's a jerk.

Ok ... let's turn it around.

If it was such a big deal to the family, why didn't they ask the church/pastor before to find out if it was ok for them to embrace/celebrate the deceased homosexuality? 

Maybe they agreed on some things and the church said no to this ... but they did it anyway.  I don't think that we as people should only associate with those that we agree with on everything.  But I don't know that it's way out of bounds for the proprietor of a building to ask people to leave if what they do/believe is outside of what they feel is their core mission.  If a group rented out an NAACP hall for a klan rally, I think it's totally cool for the owners to give them the boot.  (Yes ... I can build a straw man too.)

It's absolutely their right to be upset at what the church did, my it's my right to feel they were pretty disingenuous to try to do it in the first place.

All that said ... I don't think this is a church I would want to attend.

Ok ... let's turn it around.

If it was such a big deal to the family, why didn't they ask the church/pastor before to find out if it was ok for them to embrace/celebrate the deceased homosexuality?

They're mourning the death of their loved one, why do they have to bring up their sexuality? It's a venue that they saw fit to use for services, I don't see the need when signing the contract to say, "oh wait, btw I'm gay."

but you see the need for the pastor to ask if the deceased was gay?

do you really think a pastor should do that for every prospective funeral 

service ?

also, a church may merely be a venue to some, but i assure you it is much 

more than that to parishoners

They're mourning the death of their loved one, why do they have to bring up their sexuality? It's a venue that they saw fit to use for services, I don't see the need when signing the contract to say, "oh wait, btw I'm gay."

Most churches do not charge for this kind of thing so there is no contract. 

We had a friend that was gay named Marty that was completely out of the closet. He would wear women's clothing on occasion, thought he looked like Marilyn Monroe, had a boyfriend/spouse. Marty had a falling out with his significant other and his life spiraled out of control with drinking and pills until one night he made good on a promise to commit suicide.

My wife was unlucky enough to have found him after his ex had called her and told her Marty had left a message on his answering machine threatening to kill himself. We were managing an apartment at the time and Marty was a tenant so we had access to his place and she found him too late.

His mother, a devout Christian, denied that Marty was gay and even went as far as accuse my wife of being the reason Marty committed suicide. We let the distraught mother into the apartment to chose a suit to bury her "straight" son in and she picks out a blue one. Later we found out from Marty's ex that it was his suit he had left in the closet before they broke up.

Marty rests in piece wrapped in his lovers clothes, probably just what he wanted and his homophobic mother never knew what she had done. I thought it was poetic justice.