• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Conference Championship Weekend

Seahawks worst game of the season was at STL or KC....although KC actually beat them straight up without trick plays, so maybe the STL game was their worst.

You're probably right. I tried to forget both of those games, though statistically Russell had a good game against the Rams. Just couldn't execute. 

Since the Chiefs game in KC, when we were 6-4, we won the rest of our games, going 4-0 against our division rivals.

that game didn't make the experts wrong

Well Baldwin has a great game, outside of his kick return fumble in the first quarter. 

Kearse had an absolute terrible game, but he made his one catch count to win the game.

These guys just make big plays and are solid WR's, but it does make me wonder what Wilson would do with a AJ Green/Calvin Johnson type on the outside at WR. 

It was luck. They had to have a sequence of events go perfectly and they did.

As mentioned, that 2 point conversion was absurd with no skill involved.

I'm not sure you can factor luck when Russell Wilson is Mr. Clutch. Yeah the Packers screwed up on many levels throughout this game, but so did the Seahawks.

The Packers got shut down four times in the red zone by our defense. If they score a TD in any of those series they win this game, but our defense was too good, holding Rodgers to under 200 yards and two picks.

Why does everyone think every Seahawks fan is a bandwagon fan? How many Seahawks fans do you know that don't live in the NW? I know zero

Fan since '83. Everyone that has known me on this board for the past 10 years will tell you that. 

That said, there's always room on the bandwagon for more as long as they behave themselves in public. Like any fanbase, Angels included, you have a mix of douchebags, but for the most part I haven't met too many of those at the stadium or around the city in which I work 5 days a week. 

Lame coach that ran for cover from his last job and let three other HCs and 5 years of college kids clean up his mess. Then had the balls to show back up at the campus and play the blame game years later

A collection of douchey idiots with inferiority omplexes for a roster.

A lame fan base full of bandwagonners and "12th men" whatever that is.

A city that doesn't deserve a winner.

Wow, you're butthurt level is through the roof.

I'm going to put you in the "They hate us because they ain't us" group. 

Seahawks worst game of the season was at STL or KC....although KC actually beat them straight up without trick plays, so maybe the STL game was their worst.

New England also played their worst game in arrowhead. It's not a easy place to play

Remember BB - " we're on to Baltimore. ...we're on to Baltimore "

The bandwagon thing pointed at Seahwaks fans in the pacific northwest is pretty hilarious, and anybody who says it is clearly stupid.  

Just because nobody in the rest of the country paid attention to the Seahawks for 2 decades doesn't mean that there weren't football fans up here.  My dad died a Seahawks fan even though the team did nothing in his lifetime.  When we finally started putting together good teams and winning, ESPN and other major networks finally started treating it like a football town.  That awakened the trolls, and they've been whining for a few years now.  I think they're adorable. 

Also, nobody from California, the midwest, or east coast should ever say anything about wishy washy fanbases.  You look like idiots when you do.  One need look no further than the circus that this baseball board becomes when the Angels are fielding a good team, but have the same dips in their performance that every team in every sport in every part of the world has.  

I don't like bandwagon Seattle fans, either, especially since the vast majority of them have never even been to a Pac NW state in their lives.  

Good post, Cez...

Thing is, not all bandwagoner fans are awful. My wife and daughter are two of them. 

Sometimes it's a moment in time, a play, a game, a congregation of fans in one accord that turns one into a fan of a team. 

Like you, my dad was a Seahawks fan and it was all because of him that today I am one too. Back in '83, he took me to meet the players (Largent, Warner, Zorn, Krieg, Green etc.) at the airport, after they beat Dan Marino and the Dolphins IN MIAMI. They lost the next week to the Raiders in the AFC Championship, but it didn't matter. I was a fan from that point forward. He wasn't with me last Super Bowl or this one to see the success of this team, but I always get emotional thinking of my dad (he passed away in '08) when something special happens from the team were we formed our bond as father and son growing up. 

I want to think Seahawks D will give Brady trouble and he will react like Manning did, but any time I want the Patriots to lose, they don't. I rooted for them in the Superbowls against the Giants because I can't stand Eli and of course they lost. I said before the year that I thought the Seahawks would repeat, but for my prediction to be right, it's going to be tough

Nice to hear, Chuck.  I know you're no M's fan, but Sunday's game reminded me of the feeling I got back in the early 90s with the Mariners, taking the Bainbridge Island ferry out every weekend to Pier 52 to see all of those games at the Kingdome, culminating with the final 3 games against the Yanks in '95.  That was as close to a championship moment as I thought I would ever feel as a Seattle sports fan.  Last year's SB win was great and all, but nothing touched that '95 feeling for me, until about 48 hours ago happened. 

Anyway, except for a few years here and there, Seattle has had abysmal football and baseball teams. In 30+ years of franchise history between the two, we've made a total of 2 (soon to be 3) championship appearances, which is pathetic. I really don't understand the personality of somebody who takes the time to focus negativity on fans up here when we've had so little to celebrate for decades.  Just small minds, really.   

I happen to like most fanbases, and I think the constituencies of idiots are pretty much the same for us all.  

They hate us, cause they ain't us, Cez. 

Fans of other teams hate teams that are successful. The other reasons for hating on the Seahawks are in vain. 

Bostick screwing up on the onsides kick doesn't even piss me off the most about that game. It was Burnett giving himself up and sliding after Wilson's 4th INT. Seeing the pics....dude had so much room down the sideline. He has a great chance to return that for a TD or at the very least they'd have gotten the team into easy FG range to extend the lead to 22-7. Just baffling why he didn't attempt to run it back...there was over 4 minutes left to play and Seattle still had all their timeouts.

Yeah, and over the years that hasn't been GB. Hell, the week prior they are throwing it on 3rd and 11 on their final possession to try and get that 1st down to ice the game against Dallas. Then they go and play it safe @ Seattle at the end with 3 run plays after the INT.

They played it safe the first few series of the game by kicking field goals instead of going for it 4th and inches/few yards. 

GB probably thought some points were better than none and played conservative going against the #1 seed on the road.

Oh definitely. They screwed up by not getting more points earlier. Still though, 19-7 lead with under 5 to go and just get an INT...game should have been a lock, even with them missing opportunities to put it further out of reach earlier in the game

Burnett just has to keep returning that INT. Worst case scenario is they end up with a FG, but looking at the replays...Wilson looked like the only one who may have had a shot at stopping him from taking it back to the house

Oh definitely. They screwed up by not getting more points earlier. Still though, 19-7 lead with under 5 to go and just get an INT...game should have been a lock, even with them missing opportunities to put it further out of reach earlier in the game

Burnett just has to keep returning that INT. Worst case scenario is they end up with a FG, but looking at the replays...Wilson looked like the only one who may have had a shot at stopping him from taking it back to the house

Why did Julius Peppers tell him to get down? 

When I first saw the play I thought he was smart for going down but the camera angle was from the side and didn't show how much room he had between him and the first would be tackler.  He possibly had enough room to put his team in field goal range or damn close to it.  Still can't get over how many things had to break in Seattle's favor at the end for them to pull it off.      

I think it was 2006 the Chargers were beating the Patriots in the divisional round. Brady threw a pick with a couple minutes left. All McRee had to do was lay down and the Chargers won. Well, he fumbled it while trying to return it and the Pats went down and scored. The Chargers lost that game. I'm pretty sure they were 14-2 that year. Absolutely brutal choke job in a decade full of choke jobs for the Chargers. Burnett had room, but I understand what he was doing