• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A 'Modest Proposal' to cut 18% from the federal budget

that's an interesting summation, acro.

I only started to think of it when I realized those generations post-baby boomers were x-y-z.  Until this morning I didn't have a good handle at all on the generational references to years, including my own, 1960.    I would certainly understand folks thinking my assertions a stretch but symbolism in the corporate world is ubiquitous and since corporate wields the power it does over our social construct and has for decades, I thought  "generational categorization" may not be any different.

I guess I am a GenX since I was born in 71. I have never once thought about stuff like that. I don't think of why I think the way I think other than the way I was raised or better yet who raised me. I am a pro choice, pro death penalty, pro gay marriage but fiscally conservative and I believe in personal responsibility. I'm the son of a hard working man who is very religious and in his later years, after my mom passed away, he became an ordained minister. My mom loved a good time, and dirty jokes. She would party with my brothers when they were in their late teens. I don't consider myself religious, but rather moral. I am more like my mom but perhaps without her vices. I came from a hard working family, where I felt the need to earn my way. While my dad had a college degree, which sadly he couldn't use very long, none of his kids did, but my brother and I have done well for ourselves. He at Disney and me at INO, we both started our careers within a year of each other. My job, my dad and my brother taught me work ethic, something that is sorely lacking today.

No we don't, the ones that don't work hard don't last, they quit.

What is it about slow-paced businesses that seem to breed laziness and poor work ethic, and vice versa?  

I say this because fast-paced businesses such as In-N-Out, Costco, Sam's Club, Chick-fil-A seem to have employees with excellent work ethic. If I wasn't already familiar with these businesses, I would guess the cycle goes like this:

GOOD work ethic --> work really hard all day --> go home at night feeling exhausted --> fatigue builds over days and weeks --> start to burn out --> fatigue turns into laziness --> laziness turns into bad work ethic

It obviously doesn't work this way in real life, but how come?

What is it about slow-paced businesses that seem to breed laziness and poor work ethic, and vice versa?  

I say this because fast-paced businesses such as In-N-Out, Costco, Sam's Club, Chick-fil-A seem to have employees with excellent work ethic. If I wasn't already familiar with these businesses, I would guess the cycle goes like this:

GOOD work ethic --> work really hard all day --> go home at night feeling exhausted --> fatigue builds over days and weeks --> start to burn out --> fatigue turns into laziness --> laziness turns into bad work ethic

It obviously doesn't work this way in real life, but how come?

pride in your work

Don't take offense, man.

Mexican dudes are good workers (funny, racist iPhone tried to autocorrect that to "food workers").

take offense?  me?

never.  i'm high on the list of people who have no right to take offense.  i hate lazy mexicans as much as i hate lazy

white people. 

and don't even get me started on the italians

btw, Steve Jobs was a racist

The Social Security Disability trust fund surplus is rapidly disappearing, but don't worry. The president has his own program to fill in the gaps. At least that's the impression you get from this ad which appeared on my Facebook feed this morning.

"If you are unable to work due to a health condition and do not receive Social Security Disability Benefits, you may be eligible for up to $2,642/Month with Obama's new Disability Program. Find out if you qualify with our FREE 30 second short form now!"

Forget about lowering the federal budget anytime soon.

Edited by fan_since79

The Social Security Disability trust fund surplus is rapidly disappearing, but don't worry. The president has his own program to fill in the gaps. At least that's the impression you get from this ad which appeared on my Facebook feed this morning.

"If you are unable to work due to a health condition and do not receive Social Security Disability Benefits, you may be eligible for up to $2,642/Month with Obama's new Disability Program. Find out if you qualify with our FREE 30 second short form now!"

Forget about lowering the federal budget anytime soon.

Everyone is disabled now. Everyone. Doesn't matter what you have, it counts as a disability entitling you to benefits, special protections, accommodations, etc.

• 2 weeks later...