• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where can I get this?

laagamer

New article on depth chart:

"Within the laptop of every Angels front-office executive is an Excel spreadsheet with projected depth charts for each of the next six seasons. At each position is a prioritized list of all the players in the organization who can conceivably play in the Major Leagues for each given year. Every Monday, Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto will update the file and send it around to his executives so everyone has a sense of where they stand."

That'd be pretty cool to see. Anybody know someone? 

http://m.angels.mlb.com/news/article/106039104/depth-charts-at-heart-of-angels-offseason-strategy

"Within the laptop of every Angels front-office executive is an Excel spreadsheet with projected depth charts for each of the next six seasons. At each position is a prioritized list of all the players in the organization who can conceivably play in the Major Leagues for each given year. Every Monday, Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto will update the file and send it around to his executives so everyone has a sense of where they stand."

That'd be pretty cool to see. Anybody know someone? 

It would be a terrible idea for the club to let this get out to the public. Once posted, it would tip their hand to every other organization in MLB regarding their future plans, who they value and who they don't (which could be used against them in trade talks). With it being updated weekly, it apparently isn't valid for very long either. 

Every Monday?  As if the depth chart for 2020 changes by the week? 

It would be a terrible idea for the club to let this get out to the public. Once posted, it would tip their hand to every other organization in MLB regarding their future plans, who they value and who they don't (which could be used against them in trade talks). With it being updated weekly, it apparently isn't valid for very long either.

Promise I won't tell.

I think it would be better if they updated it every Friday instead of Monday.  That way if anyone gets pizzed off, they have the weekend to cool down.

As far as wanting to see it, here's a glimpse:

API-227234.jpg

Edited by tomsred

Well, depending on how deep the depth chart goes, and consider it goes six-years out, I imagine in-season scouting and game performance by prospects (and players released, injured, acquired throughout the year, all the way down to rookie ball) could change week by week.

Obviously yes, it could be overdone, but I could see how it could need updating on a frequent basis.

Tank gets it from JD during their weekly lunch meetings and he forwards it on to me.

Thanks again tank!

you're welcome, SS. 

btw, OH MAN! you're not going to believe where they've placed p98ywuHeaney4rt-98-q34-0jq3f[ [iouae09 *beep*

*beep*

*beep*

**transmission failure**

***connection suddenly lost***

^^priority one delta security alert^^