• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Divisional Round Weekend

bloodbrother

There are 19m reasons why he doesn't retire

Does Manning strike you as the guy who would chase money? Serious question, not being a smart ass. Its easier from my POV to ask because I'm not staring at $19 mil, but he doesn't strike me as the type. 

I think its 50/50 if Manning retires. I'm leaning towards yes, but I wouldn't be surprised if he went for one last go at it. 

Manning to Buffalo? I don't think he will fair to well up there.

If Manning stays, 2015/16 will look just the same as 2014/15.  Maybe 1 or 2 less wins.  But they'll go to the playoffs, and get quickly bounced. 

If the Broncos let Manning move along, they Broncos are a coin flip for the playoffs.  But they'll begin building for the next era.  

I'm ready for a change.  Even if it means being the Chiefs or Chargers for a couple of years. 

Does Manning strike you as the guy who would chase money? Serious question, not being a smart ass. Its easier from my POV to ask because I'm not staring at $19 mil, but he doesn't strike me as the type.

I think its 50/50 if Manning retires. I'm leaning towards yes, but I wouldn't be surprised if he went for one last go at it.

Manning to Buffalo? I don't think he will fair to well up there.

Im saying he's gonna get healthy in the off season. Find out he can play at a high level again and want to play. Whether its in denver tennessee buffalo or any other organization that wants him. I'm sure there are plenty of teams that will take manning for a year or 2. 1 to sell tickets and 2 hopefully have a good season and make the post season

How is denver rebuilding when they inked talib to 6 yrs 58m. TJ ward to 4 yr 22m deal. Demarcus ware 3 yr 30m deal. Chris Harris 5 yrs 42m deal. Emmanuel sanders 3 yrs 15m. Clady just got 5yrs 52m.

I think d.Thomas is due a contract as well along with julius thomas.

I think denver cuts their ties with manning and looKS for a new qb. I don't think they rebuild with some of the deals they've handed out lately

Manning in St louis? Idk if he wants to face those nfc west defenses twice a yr tho

Edited by nando714

How is denver rebuilding when they inked talib to 6 yrs 58m. TJ ward to 4 yr 22m deal. Demarcus ware 3 yr 30m deal. Chris Harris 5 yrs 42m deal. Emmanuel sanders 3 yrs 15m. Clady just got 5yrs 52m.

I think denver cuts their ties with manning and looKS for a new qb. I don't think they rebuild with some of the deals they've handed out lately

Manning in St louis? Idk if he wants to face those nfc west defenses twice a yr tho

Any time you go from an elite QB to an unproven commodity like Osweiler while letting your entire coaching staff go you're doing some type of rebuilding. It may not be a 5-10 year plan where you pray for a top QB in the draft but it's generally a few years until you hope to be better than a fringe playoff team. They still have a skilled roster but the top teams generally have top 10-15 QB's which isn't something they will have if Manning is gone. Maybe retooling is a better word.

guaranteed money of those contracts :

talib = $25.5 M  

ward = $14 M  

ware = $20 M

harris = $24 M

sanders = $6 M

clady = $15 M

ergo, only $104.5M of that $219M is guaranteed 

would be nice if mlb operated that way

guaranteed money of those contracts :

talib = $25.5 M

ward = $14 M

ware = $20 M

harris = $24 M

sanders = $6 M

clady = $15 M

ergo, only $104.5M of that $219M is guaranteed

would be nice if mlb operated that way

You think the cut all those guys? They have to have some kind of cap hit as well.

I think Julius Thomas is gone.  They have to sign DT thought.  He is a beast.

I don't think Peyton will be back. I think the Broncos planned to have him for three years to win a Super Bowl. It also gave Osweiler three years to learn from Peyton. Osweiler is going into the final year of his rookie contract. Broncos might want to see what they have in him next year. Broncos didn't waste a 2nd round pick for a guy to sit on the bench until Peyton decides he doesn't want to play anymore.

Edited by Chimi

I'm pretty sure if Manning wanted to come back assuming he's healthy they'd take him back and he'd be starting in 2015.  Word is that Elway and Fox weren't getting along for a while (same situation as San Fran just not public) so parting ways with Fox and telling the rest of the staff they're free to look elsewhere seems to be more of a statement about the Elway/Fox relationship than wanting to move on from Manning.  As far as using a 2nd round pick on Osweiler call me a skeptic but I don't think that means they view him as Aaron Rodgers ready to displace Favre who GB was ready to move on from.  Quite a few teams draft QB's in rounds 2-4 for for depth as NE has drafted 2 QB's in the last 4 years from rounds 2 and 3 which isn't a testament to their skill or ability to replace Brady.