• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Divisional Round Weekend

bloodbrother

Jason Garrett, Rod Marinelli, Dez Bryant, and DeMarco Murray are all FA for the Cowboys.

The Thomas' boys and Knighton are FAs for Denver. Manning was noncommittal about coming back (understandably--he's waiting for his physical). 

Interesting offseason for these two teams.

Garret and Bryant will be back.  Garret will probably have a new contract tomorrow.  Jerry Jones has also already said that if they can't work out a deal with Dez, they will franchise him.  

Marinelli on the other hand is most likely gone.  Too many rumors of him going to Tampa to coach for his good friend Lovie Smith.  I'm alright with it.  While I like what Marinelli did with our defense, he's not irreplaceable by any means.

The key out of those will be DeMarco Murray.  I'm pretty sure he's gone since he'll most likely get a contract that is more than he's worth.  Some team will spend big bucks on him and the Cowboys have options in house so they don't need to.  If he's a Cowboy next year, it's either because he wants to be and takes a discount or because Bryant works out a deal and the Cowboys franchise Murray instead.  But I don't think the Cowboys necessarily need him going forward.  Murray's success this season was because of who he was running behind.  Don't get me wrong, I think Murray has been good for a few years now.  But this season he just had, breaking the Cowboys all time record, was because of the 5 guys blocking for him.  Cowboys have Joseph Randle who might not be Murray in terms of pass blocking, but he's just as good a ball carrier as Murray is.  Give Randle the reps with this offensive line and I wouldn't doubt that he has an amazing season as well.

Then there is the whole Adrian Peterson to the Cowboys thing...

Edited by Chimi

And that's why the show does so well. The guy's whole shtick is obviously to say the most extremely, outlandish things and once he's wrong(pretty much all the time) people enjoy tuning in to hear him whine about it

he does have a very punchable face though

Edited by bloodbrother

Had a feeling he wasn't healthy. Will be interesting to see if he decides to come back for one more season. He always said that once he was no longer at the top of his game he would walk away. Doesn't want to be one of those guys hanging on to the glory days while playing like crap.

As a Bronco fan I hope the report is true because that's a better explanation than him just going to shit over night as he ages.  Before that game Manning was having a pretty damn good season so if it's something he can recover from I think he can still play at a high level.  I understand why they would still march him out there but it was evident something wasn't right and it's sad to think Manning on one leg when he can't throw was a better option than Osweiler.    

It is a pretty good reason though. His arm isn't what it used to be but his throws looked waaaay worse than ever before. Having a bum right quad(his plant leg on his throws) helps explain why he looked more like Chad Pennington out there, struggling to throw it past 15 yards with any sort of velocity