• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A's to acquire Zobrist and Escobar

JAHV76

Irrelevant!

The owner isn't the GM.

If you want Lou Wolfe and his billions... PLEASE take him!

I'll take one that gives a damn about the team.

that was my point

The A's have a wealthy owner and so do the Twins .. etc. It doesn't mean they're going to throw out their own money on players.

I've read that the A's invest all profits back into the team.

like i said, they have a spending issue. Arte has billons less than the A'th owners and was willing to take a loss for years when he purchased the Angels.

I give Oakland no special consideration because of their "lack of money"

Edited by Lou

The A's have a wealthy owner and so do the Twins .. etc. It doesn't mean they're going to throw out their own money on players.

I've read that the A's invest all profits back into the team.

Maybe the A's have it all figured out. Paying a player more money based on their past performance doesn't necessarily guarantee that they will play the same. Many times they play worse. 

that was my point

like i said, they have a spending issue. Arte has billons less than the A'th owners and was willing to take a loss for years when he purchased the Angels.

I give Oakland no special consideration because of their "lack of money"

I don't think Arte lossed much ... in fact he may have turned his small investment into a billion or so dollars.

I don't believe Arte would of invested heavily into a dump like Oakland... would you?

Edited by Troll Daddy

These teams are rich men's toys. They use them as status symbols or tax write offs. Then they make their money when they sell the team. Arte lost money the first few years, but after signing his latest TV contract he will most certainly make a profit year in and year out.

What the A's do won't ever help them sell out their stadium which means they basically put a false ceiling on the revenue they bring in. Arte on the other hand has figured out a way to sell 3 million tickets every year, even during the years they weren't all that good.

These teams are rich men's toys. They use them as status symbols or tax write offs. Then they make their money when they sell the team. Arte lost money the first few years, but after signing his latest TV contract he will most certainly make a profit year in and year out.

What the A's do won't ever help them sell out their stadium which means they basically put a false ceiling on the revenue they bring in. Arte on the other hand has figured out a way to sell 3 million tickets every year, even during the years they weren't all that good.

I think winning a WS title had something to do with selling 3 million tickets ... don't you?

I have spent too many seasons wondering how it was possible for the A's to compete with a team of average players to believe that they will struggle next year.  They seem to always find a way to give the Angels' nightmares.

it's only perception though. if you go look at their season records they have 4 year downswings just  like everybody else. the major difference about the A's is that they're ever any good at all, much like the rays. most of the small market teams are never even a blip on the radar, as far as world series contention.