• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gold Blooded Niners Thread

Broad Street

Im happy Carolina won :) helps out Az in the WC plus we have the tie breaker over panthers too.

Forgot you were a Cardinals fan. Yeah that's why this game was so big for the Panthers, you guys have the tie breaker over us, so we atleast needed to get the tie breaker over the Niners.

Jealous you guys get Jacksonville this week.

Forgot you were a Cardinals fan. Yeah that's why this game was so big for the Panthers, you guys have the tie breaker over us, so we atleast needed to get the tie breaker over the Niners.

Jealous you guys get Jacksonville this week.

The Cards schedule looked good after the bye. Hope they can take advantage this weekend.

• 1 month later...

If that is indeed what we see, this will be the 3rd coldest game in NFL history. It will only get even colder as the game progresses. By the time the 4th quarter starts, it may be -10 to -14 degrees with a windchill somewhere in the -30+ range

Top 2 coldest games were the Freezer bowl in 1982 between the Chargers/Bengals with a game time temp of -9 degrees. Ice Bowl is still the coldest with a game time temp of -13 degrees

I can't imagine paying $100+ bucks for the privilege of sitting in sub zero degree temps for 3+ hours. I'll enjoy the game in room temps in the comfort of my own home

There's still quite a few Packers players from that 2007 NFCCG game where it was -4 degrees. Packers are practicing outdoors today and tomorrow, mainly working on ball handling drills, etc

In these kinds of temps, both teams will be miserable. With that said, I could see the Niners starting the game a bit slow as they try to get adjusted to the elements. That's when GB will need to strike early and get up early on them

Niners are better on the OL and throughout their entire D so GB will need Rodgers to play great and likely force a turnover or 2 if they are gonna win. Head still says Niners take it, but it's the NFL. No sports league has more parity right now

Kaepernick said the coldest game he ever played in was 20 degrees.

The 49ers are practicing in 60-degree temps in the Bay area. They could be in for a shock.

I never bought that.

Rodgers went to Cal. A lot of other players also never played in this kind of weather.

If that is indeed what we see, this will be the 3rd coldest game in NFL history. It will only get even colder as the game progresses. By the time the 4th quarter starts, it may be -10 to -14 degrees with a windchill somewhere in the -30+ range

Top 2 coldest games were the Freezer bowl in 1982 between the Chargers/Bengals with a game time temp of -9 degrees. Ice Bowl is still the coldest with a game time temp of -13 degrees

I can't imagine paying $100+ bucks for the privilege of sitting in sub zero degree temps for 3+ hours. I'll enjoy the game in room temps in the comfort of my own home

It is big on the news here that there are still over 10k unsold tickets for the game.  The Packers have had sellouts for like 20 straight years and this is a playoff game.  When even the locals are weary, you know it is cold.

On the news, they have been encouraging people to stay home because it is dangerously cold.  By the time the game is over they expect it to be the coldest NFL game in history.

By the time the game is over they expect it to be the coldest NFL game in history.

If you're a fan, how could you not want to be part of NFL history?  To be able to say, "I was there" would be pretty cool.  

Bundle up Nancys!!!

If you're a fan, how could you not want to be part of NFL history?  To be able to say, "I was there" would be pretty cool.  

Bundle up Nancys!!!

The National Weather Service in Green Bay has issued a wind chill

warning... which is in effect from 6 PM Sunday to noon CST

Tuesday. A Wind Chill Advisory has also been issued. This Wind

Chill Advisory is in effect from 6 PM Saturday to 6 PM CST

Sunday. 

* Wind chill values... 20 to 35 below zero Saturday night and

Sunday. 40 to 55 below zero Sunday night through Tuesday

morning.

* Other impacts... exposed skin could freeze within 5 to 10 minutes.

Precautionary/preparedness actions... 

A Wind Chill Advisory or warning means that very cold air and

winds will generate dangerously low wind chill values. This will

result in frostbite and lead to hypothermia or death if

precautions are not taken. If you must venture outdoors... make

sure you wear a hat and gloves.

(Sunset will occur before the first half is over. Then the REAL cold will begin. By the 4th quarter we could see those minus-40 wind chills.)

Edited by fan_since79

Whoever plays the winner of this game is gonna be happy. Both teams will be feeling this a week from now.

Also, main reason they had trouble selling the game out(besides the insane weather) is that they changed policy this year for season ticket holders. They wanted them to pay up front for playoff tix and they were non-refundable. If the team failed to make it(which looked pretty good after that shellacking on Thanksgiving without Rodgers), all they'd get is credit towards next years season seats.

In any case, the final 2K or so tix were bought by corporate sponsors so the game is sold out and it avoided a blackout

Whoever plays the winner of this game is gonna be happy. Both teams will be feeling this a week from now.

San Fran was the last team I wanted to see go to Carolina.

1. Philly

2. GB

3. SF

Carolina's secondary gets no respect (for good reason) this Sunday they'll need to step up. Last meeting Crabtree didn't play, and VD got hurt half way through the second Q.

If Smitty isn't 100%(which he won't be) we're doomed. LaFell refuses to step up and make an impact. Carolina better draft Benjamin, Moncrief or Robinson in the first round of the draft.

Been waiting too long for Carolina to make it back to the playoffs, a one and done would suck. Good luck this weekend.

• 2 months later...

My condolences to Niner fans for your acquisition of Blaine Gabbert. I have been saddled with this total washout for the last three seasons. His fourth quarter QB rating this past season was one point above mine. If Colin Kaepernick goes down, you won't win a game the rest of the season. Cut him now, while there is still time to salvage your season.

• 5 months later...