• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

TGFD

Bruce Nye

Counterpoints:

Full year with Street

Joyce at DH

More competition for 4th and 5th SP ?

Morin/Pestano to replace Jepsen?

Perez replace Congers production?

Time will tell

I do love the acquisition of Joyce.

Wilson is a lock for our #3 or # 4 starter. I do like the competition for the 5th spot.

Perez is no where near Conger at this point in his career.

Jepsen is severely under rated by some fans here.

Edited by Troll Daddy

How was your point not the trade when you are the one that brought up the trade? Conger wasn't a difference maker, not like we all thought or hoped he would be when we drafted him. He simply didn't pan out. So if he goes to the Astros and tears the cover off the ball, good for him. The bottom line is he didn't do it here and at some point you gotta cut the chord. Some players just don't thrive playing close to home, maybe it's the distractions. I wish him the best but he never became what we were hoping for.

You need to chill ... all I said is the team was weaked without Conger. I didn't necessarily say it was a bad trade for future prospects.

You do realize that the Astro's traded a SP and a catcher for Conger.

Yep, sure do.  Tropeano was rated by BA as the Astros No. 18 prospect.  Conger threw out less than 35% of baserunners, hit 4 HRs and hit a robust .220.  The fact the Astros did it doesn't mean it is a fair trade.  The catcher the Angels got is not much better than Conger.

You need to chill ... all I said is the team was weaked without Conger. I didn't necessarily say it was a bad trade for future prospects.

No, I don't need to chill, you need to use some common sense or at the very least stop being your normal contrary self. Hank is a 1 WAR player, so how exactly is losing him going to hurt this team? He was a catcher that did two things well. He called a good game and he framed pitches well. Those two things are important but he was so bad offensively and throwing out runners he was a .7 WAR player, at catcher, which isn't a deep position.

No, I don't need to chill, you need to use some common sense or at the very least stop being your normal contrary self. Hank is a 1 WAR player, so how exactly is losing him going to hurt this team? He was a catcher that did two things well. He called a good game and he framed pitches well. Those two things are important but he was so bad offensively and throwing out runners he was a .7 WAR player, at catcher, which isn't a deep position.

Good to know your evaluation is better than those in Houston. Perez isn't a upgrade IMO.

I hope I'm wrong.

Seriously Chuck?

I will go off on a little soap box rant here. Jerry Dipoto is worth the price of admission all by himself. He gives honest answers that are respectful and insightful. If you are even close to being on the edge of going or not going then you need to go just so you can hear Jerry speak to the fans. He gave the best answer possible about Joe Blanton last year, one that basically said, I respect Joe for what he has done, people have vilified him because he had a bad baseball season, but he will have to earn his spot on the roster. We all know he didn't earn it and was ultimately let go, but the point is Jerry treated him with the respect a veteran deserves. I can't wait to hear him again. In all honesty if I could sit down at a table and listen to a handful of baseball people talk about the sport, Jerry would be at the very top of that list, he is that good of a "interview".

I think its high time we put him on the spot and ask him if arte was behind pujols and hamilton. Then, when he gives an ambiguous answer, we can still argue with each other.

And if arte shows up let him know as of this week, some people are still mad at the name change.

I think it's high time you finally show up to this grand event. Better yet, show up and ask the Pujols/Hamilton question yourself. ;)