• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: Angels target trade for third-base prospect

This is what I love about Dipoto. I get the impression he spends every waking moment of his life trying to improve the Angels, in the short term and the long term. And I get the impression he is never satisfied with "good enough."

I never felt that way about Reagins, who seemingly did very little in the job.

This is what I love about Dipoto. I get the impression he spends every waking moment of his life trying to improve the Angels, in the short term and the long term. And I get the impression he is never satisfied with "good enough."

absolutely

great post

Lamb is a good fit, seeing as the Angels could swap prospects with the D'Backs. I don't know which prospects the D'Backs would want the Angels have, besides Heaney and Tropeano…

Lamb seemingly has nowhere to play if Yasmany Tomas plays 3rd for the D'Backs. I'd imagine Lamb starts at third, if Tomas is in the OF, and thats where he is listed for them on their roster. Although they said he would be given his chance to play third when they signed him. On the depth chart, he's listed at 3rd. 

Lamb is though, a lot like, um Brandon Wood. Long Swing, high strikeout rates, lots of power. Maybe the other guy from the D'Backs makes more sense Brandon Drury. He's not likely to be ready for a full-time job in April of 2016, but a platoon is certainly within the capabilities. He'll likely spend most of the year at AAA this season, and also plays 2nd. He's 22.

To get either would be to likely give up a recently acquired 2nd baseman and even maybe Alex Yarborough. Hill is the weak link in their lineup except maybe Catcher. Seeing as the Angels are going to need all of the catching depth they have…probably not a great match.

Still. They are the best trade partner. I don't think any of the other guys are within reach or fit the Anegsl.

Out of all the available 3B that we could legitimately acquire in trade, Lamb is the most desirable based on his Minor League numbers. Cecchini would certainly fit our needs too but Lamb had consistently strong OPS numbers from BOTH sides of the plate whereas Cecchini didn't quite have the power and had trouble against same-side pitching.

Of course you'd love to dream about a Bryant or even a Sano but they seem completely out of reach. Sano might be a remote possibility but he is recovering from injury.

Lamb makes perfect sense for us right now and it makes a lot of sense for the Diamondbacks since they have pronounced that Tomas will be at 3B and they have Drury coming up soon who could also play 3B or 2B.

A trade of prospects for Lamb strikes me as a real possibility. I could even see a trade based around C.J. Wilson to the D'Backs. Arizona has stated they were looking for short term pitching veterans and Wilson would certainly fit that bill with 2 years on his contract. It would come down to the money involved however and Dipoto stated not to long ago that the Angels would eat no money on his contract (doubtful they could get away with that though).

Seriously though, anyone think Angels can land Gallo for Cron, Newcomb, and maybe Cowart? Their prospect list isn't rich in LHP and 3B besides Rua and Gallo. Also, Cron can give them that punch that Gallo would've provided.

Gallo would be a perfect LH power hitter for us

Seriously though, anyone think Angels can land Gallo for Cron, Newcomb, and maybe Cowart? Their prospect list isn't rich in LHP and 3B besides Rua and Gallo. Also, Cron can give them that punch that Gallo would've provided.

Gallo would be a perfect LH power hitter for us

I don't know Gallo but I wouldn't trade a package like that for anyone other than a absolute sure thing 3rd baseman for the next decade.

I don't know Gallo but I wouldn't trade a package like that for anyone other than a absolute sure thing 3rd baseman for the next decade.

I agree. At this point, I think trading Newcombe or Heaney would be, under just about any reasonable circumstance, a big step backwards. It might fill a hole, but at the expense of creating a new one.

Gallo is a stud that will hit 30 plus homers a year in the majors. Everyone here in Texas would flip their heads if John Daniels traded him. I doubt the Rangers would even trade him and if they did it won't be to the Angels.

Gallo has had back-to-back 40 HRs seasons in the minors, from A ball to the Texas League, although his OBP fell significantly in the Texas League. 

As much as he seems to be the real thing, wasn't the same thing said about Brandon Wood after his 2005/2006 seasons in high-A and AA?

The concern is that Gallo has K'd over 40% of the time in those same 2013/2014 seasons.

He does take a walk much more often than Wood did though.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Gallo has had back-to-back 40 HRs seasons in the minors, from A ball to the Texas League, although his OBP fell significantly in the Texas League.

As much as he seems to be the real thing, wasn't the same thing said about Brandon Wood after his 2005/2006 seasons in high-A and AA?

The concern is that Gallo has K'd over 40% of the time in those same 2013/2014 seasons.

Whatever happened to the last Texas third base prospect with prodigious power?

Interesting.  Did not know that.  Im thinking that Lamb, Franco, Cechinni, and maybe Moran may be the most likely possibilities.

I don't think Reagins' problem was not doing enough, it was that an incredibly high percentage of the things he did were f**king terrible.

I agree. At this point, I think trading Newcombe or Heaney would be, under just about any reasonable circumstance, a big step backwards. It might fill a hole, but at the expense of creating a new one.

I wouldn't part with Heaney, but how is dealing Newcomb creating a hole? The Angels have a surplus of young arms at the major league level and in the minors.

They have no replacement for Freese in the minors and the options in free agency over the next 3 years are ugly. If the return for Newcomb is a blue chipper like Kris Bryant (highly doubt) you pull the trigger.

1. #Angels will get Kubitza without trading anyone from their Major League club, per source.

0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

Sources: #Angels close to acquiring 24-year-old #Braves 3B Kyle Kubitza.

0 replies 2 retweets 0 favorites

Per MLB Prospect Watch

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2014/index.jsp?c_id=atl#list=atl

Kyle Kubitza
Atlanta Braves
ETA: 2015
Position: 3B
Bats: L, Throws: R
Height: 6' 3", Weight: 215
Drafted: 2011, 3rd (115) - ATL
Twitter: @Kubbyk3009

Scouting grades: Hit: 45 | Power: 50 | Run: 40 | Arm: 60 | Field: 50 | Overall: 45

Kubitza, the highest-drafted position player in Texas State history, had a rough first full professional season, but he rebounded in 2013 at Class A Advanced Lynchburg.

Kubitza has a smooth left-handed swing that produces good power to the gaps. But it has a tendency to get long, leading to a high strikeout rate and hindering his ability to tap into his raw power. Kubitza has a patient approach and understands the strike zone well. He has developed into a solid defender as a professional. Kubitza has a strong arm and soft hands.

Kubitza will need to improve his consistency at the plate to reach his potential, but his raw power and defensive skills will give him a chance to contribute in the Major Leagues.