• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Klaw: "Darin Erstad gets named on one ballot. Glad every voter takes his responsibility seriously."

NrM

Somebody's not THIRSTY 4 ERSTY

Really though...Erstad obvioulsy shouldn't have received a vote, but I like how these writers are singling him out when Tom Gordon and Aaron Boone also received votes

I think there's just as many people criticizing the fact those two got votes.

As astounding as it is that people think any of those guys should be in the Hall of Fame, how do nine per cent of voters not vote for Pedro?

That would be fine with me. But the results would be exactly the same.

ESPN did a fan HOF poll last year and fewer players got elected than by the writers. And fans have the same difference of opinion on steroids.

But at least there would be a larger sample size. 

I'm not an expert, but it seems to me as if a select few decide on who makes the HOF.

Why the f*ck not have it like the AS game? Hold a damn vote. The game is for the fans. Why not elect who they want to see make the HOF?

Again, I'm the minority with this opinion no doubt. 

Speaking of voters taking their responsibility seriously, maybe the guy with more home runs than any player in history deserves to be in the Hall of Fame more so than Craig fricking Biggio.

Seriously?  Craig fricking Biggio over the guy with more home runs than any player in history?  I take it these voters dont watch baseball very often, and dont know what a home run is.  I guess they just thought Biggio was a cool name.

But at least there would be a larger sample size. 

I'm not an expert, but it seems to me as if a select few decide on who makes the HOF.

Why the f*ck not have it like the AS game? Hold a damn vote. The game is for the fans. Why not elect who they want to see make the HOF?

Again, I'm the minority with this opinion no doubt. 

We'd be seeing every remotely decent Yankees or Red Sox player make the hall. Guys like Trot Nixon and David Cone would be in easily.

Can we get off this. Everyone knows why Bonds didn't get in. You may not like the reasoning and I would even agree with you. However there is a logical argument why he didn't get in.

personally I want Pete Rose in. Hell I want shoeless Joe Jackson in. But there logic why they are not. So arguing that it doesn't make sense is a waste of time.

Speaking of voters taking their responsibility seriously, maybe the guy with more home runs than any player in history deserves to be in the Hall of Fame more so than Craig fricking Biggio.

Seriously? Craig fricking Biggio over the guy with more home runs than any player in history? I take it these voters dont watch baseball very often, and dont know what a home run is. I guess they just thought Biggio was a cool name.

Seriously?  Craig fricking Biggio over the guy with more home runs than any player in history?  I take it these voters dont watch baseball very often, and dont know what a home run is.  I guess they just thought Biggio was a cool name.

Is this a real post? I think the reason Biggio is in the hall is BECAUSE they watched baseball very often. Biggio is one of the greatest second basemen to ever play the game and he got over 3,000 hits without injecting himself in the ass with boom boom juice.