• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Booted from the Big A for cheering the team on?

Chuck

I ragged on how it was handles earlier, but I will say they put up with a lot of shit. Lots of people double fisting and being obnoxious....it's opening night, it's kind of like a holiday.

I also always wonder when I see these "I gave them a little shit" what that meant to everyone else involved.

The Angels organization does, which is why this is shock. But I'm sure this will be discussed internally and handled correctly so that this doesn't happen again. 

Sorry to say Chuck.  But this has happened in the past before.  Even to posters on this board.  The only reason why this is an issue is because it happened to a reporter who is an Angels fan.  There is no shock about this happening at the stadium.  

She has a pretty big forum, and with her biting kind of humor, should be able to knock the org down a peg or two. But none of it will take away being tossed on an opener. Bitter taste for every game she now attends afterwards.

Two guys in the RF Pavillion were lucky the Angels didn't rally in the 9th. They were leaning over the rail and banging on the metal frame to the scoreboard for ten mins. before two security staff came down. Told them to knock it off, they sat, security left. Six steps back up toward the tunnel for security, the two guys began banging again. Security came back down, and the weenie white dude one tried to muscle this drunk up the stairs, saying, "You're gone! You're gone! Let's go!"

Then Bourjos popped out to end it and everybody grabbed their beer-stained calendars.

Our fanbase is pretty bad. The real "hardcore" fans are great, but they make up such a small percentage that it has almost no effect on the fanbase as a whole. I think most of the fans consider Angels Stadium a bar, or in the case of the grumpy old men, a gentleman's club (and not like the one we have here either). It's pretty sad really. Arte is spending hundreds of millions of dollars to entertain the fans and they couldn't give a crap.

Sorry to say Chuck.  But this has happened in the past before.  Even to posters on this board.  The only reason why this is an issue is because it happened to a reporter who is an Angels fan.  There is no shock about this happening at the stadium.  

Some of the guys you're referring to, should have been booted gotbeer. You referred to one of them in a picture post in this thread already. 

In this case, it's an usher who wanted to flex his usheritic muscles after he felt slighted that he was told on by Sarah's friend. 

Lame. No excuse to get the boot, especially on the home opener for this. 

Our fanbase is pretty bad. The real "hardcore" fans are great, but they make up such a small percentage that it has almost no effect on the fanbase as a whole. I think most of the fans consider Angels Stadium a bar, or in the case of the grumpy old men, a gentleman's club (and not like the one we have here either). It's pretty sad really. Arte is spending hundreds of millions of dollars to entertain the fans and they couldn't give a crap.

Winning cures everything and the Angels have not been doing enough of it. 

I ragged on how it was handles earlier, but I will say they put up with a lot of shit. Lots of people double fisting and being obnoxious....it's opening night, it's kind of like a holiday.

I also always wonder when I see these "I gave them a little shit" what that meant to everyone else involved.

And the most obnoxious people are generally the least aware of their own behavior.

That said, both of these things can be true. The fans could have been more annoying then they perceived themselves, and the usher could have been an overly sensitive a-hole.

Unbelievable. How can they kick out people for cheering their team? I think they should have kicked out those old fuddy duddy's instead. If someone stands up in front of me that just gets me out of my seat and cheering louder. Nothing wrong with that.

The only other thing I can suggest is maybe go back to the stadium get seats behind those people and bang thunder sticks all night long.

I hope you make it back to the stadium our team needs fans like you and Tara.

Cory, you shouldn't speak to this subject until you have kids.

I used to drag my young ones out to the game, but you can only stay so long when they're not as interested as you and they have school the next morning. Weekends, fine, weekdays dads/moms with kids get a pass. 

Or date one

The Angels organization does, which is why this is shock. But I'm sure this will be discussed internally and handled correctly so that this doesn't happen again. 

By all outward appearances, the Angels run an exceptional organization. However, there is no way to stop something like this from happening again, humans being humans and all.

A training program, if not already in place would go a long way in steering clear of such incidences in the future.