• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels among early teams interested in Vladimir Guerrero Jr.

KevinJ14

Angels signed Roberto Baldoquin from Cuba for $8 million. Spending that much over the international cap threshold means a team can only offer players $250k contracts for the next 2 seasons.

Unless Vlad really likes the Angels organization and feels like his son doesn't need more than $250k the Angels won't be signing him.

My question is if they can sign Vlad to a front office position for a lot of money to make this happen.

Angels signed Roberto Baldoquin from Cuba for $8 million. Spending that much over the international cap threshold means a team can only offer players $250k contracts for the next 2 seasons.

Unless Vlad really likes the Angels organization and feels like his son doesn't need more than $250k the Angels won't be signing him.

My question is if they can sign Vlad to a front office position for a lot of money to make this happen.

Seems like that could be considered tampering.

They would be accused of colluding.   Now, if Vladdy Sr were to publicly sell his boy on the Angels and sign for the max they can offer him nobody can really say shit.   Vladdy Jr #? isn't the typical impoverished Dominican youth.

ha! I like how they list it ... " mistress number 1, mistress number 2..." It just goes to prove my theory - guys who are multimillionaires do well with the ladies

It's a wonderful way of labeling them.  It's open ended (you can go into the hundreds and thousands), makes for an easy tatoo on each butt (#1, #2, #3, etc.), and best of all you can create an Excel worksheet keeping track of the payments to each one.  Also the kids can be 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B, 3C, etc.  Wow, what a system!

It's a wonderful way of labeling them.  It's open ended (you can go into the hundreds and thousands), makes for an easy tatoo on each butt (#1, #2, #3, etc.), and best of all you can create an Excel worksheet keeping track of the payments to each one.  Also the kids can be 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B, 3C, etc.  Wow, what a system!

Nowadays they could use barcode or RFID systems for tracking. Maybe even implant a GPS tracking device.

Vladdy Jr. is going to blow someone's budget out if the water, but it won't be ours. We spent that on Baldoquin (and hopefully Moncada).

i haven't followed any of this international signing stuff so excuse my ignorance.

how is little Vladdy unsignable yet Moncada isn't?