• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2015 HOF Candidates

happybat4

its hard for me to rage over the roid thing.. if MLB wasnt completely duplicitous i might be more angry but they were practically handing them out in the "chicks dig the long ball" era and noone is stupid enough to now know what was actually going on with the investment so...
And the personality thing isnt an issue, there are some of the largest kerks in history in the hall.  its about what was done on the field, period.

Either way the hall for me is little bit like a popularity contest, and not really reality.  Certain teams get far more preference whether its deserved or not, and others get very little even when it is.  Certain positions get overlooked and such like closers.

The hall was more concerned about a bloody sock being there, than the players with the most hits in history, or now the most home runs... its hard to take a hall seriously that excludes such extreme examples of greatness regardless of reasoning.
the numbers are in the books.. there are no asterisks, there are no questions to them... they belong there until such time as those numbers are either dismissed, invalidated, or removed from history.

Edited by floplag

I thought you laid out your points very well, and I can appreciate your 10 votes.  While I disagree with you on the steroid boys ... meh.  I'm a lot less passionate about that topic than I used to be.  I have no doubt that many of the guys getting in that don't have the steroids taint (settle down Glen) probably used them at some point.  But, I would also be lying if I said I didn't take a bit of joy in seeing Bonds not make it again.

Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, John Smoltz and CRAIG BIGGIO !!

Glad to see Biggio make it -- although IMO he should have been a first ballot guy two years ago.

Was reading some twitter feed reaction posted by the Houston Chronicle -- and amazingly, several suggest Biggio does not belong in the Hall !!

Biggio is a guy with 3,000 hits, more than 400 SBs and almost 300 HRs (I think he wound up with 299) -- few players had those numbers and then he is an All Star at two (was he also an OF'er All Star?) positions, catcher and 2B.

Versatile player, played hard every pitch, every out, every inning, every game....a true Gamer.  Biggio fits the Hall well.

Also pleased to see good guy (and versatile, starter/ closer) John Smoltz get in.

Randy Johnson gets in because he just dominated during his career -- no argument there.

Pedro Martinez had great stats -- I probably would have voted for catcher Piazza over him -- not sure Martinez should be a first ballot guy (and I'm sure Biggio should have been!!)........

No Biggio on Fletcher's ballot?? I saw the explanation and obviously disagree but you noted that as well.

To me Biggio should have been a first ballot guy two years ago.

Nomar for the HALL -- NO. Did not have enough of a run of stellar years. Never quite the same after leaving Boston.

On Fletcher's list, one name I certainly agree on is Gary Sheffield......sort of a pain in the neck, bad attitude guy -- but what a ballplayer !!! His career stats are Hall worthy. One wonders the numbers and better legacy he would have left with respect to his MLB career had he not been the angry, disgruntled player that got moved every few years from club to club.

Props on voting for Bonds (and Clemens). If Bonds doesn't make it, many years from now future generations will look back at the decision of people not to vote for him with total disbelief. I get your point on McGwire, but I see him as far more Hall of Fame worthy than Sheffield.

I agree with Fletch about Biggio.  I've got no problem with him being voted in, but he was more of a compiler than a truly great player.  Feel the same way about Smoltz to some degree.  I feel Mussina is better.  Both belong in, but not first ballot.  

Time to let Bonds, Clemens and the rest of those guys in as far as I'm concerned.  People will always know which guys were tainted by Roids.  Just like everyone still knows that Ty Cobb was a bad dude.