• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Wild Card Weekend

nando714

I've said it many times but the NFL has given too much control to refs. It's turning into the NBA where the effect the outcome far too often. That flag being picked up was one of the worst calls I've seen all year and it was at a critical point in a playoff game

The lions got bailed out a couple times of their own (missed call on a 'hit' on the punter and dallas literally giving the ball after Stafford fumbled it) and have no one to blame but themselves.

Stafford is now 0-18 vs winning teams on the road.

People are mad about Hitchens not making a play on the ball, but the more I watch it, it was a terribly thrown ball by Stafford.  At that point, his only hope was for a PI call because even if Hitchens had been looking back on the ball, it had no chance of making it to the receiver.

Lions just self imploded on themselves. After the PI, they had 4th and 1 and decided not to go for it. They had been running the ball well all game. Then they went on to shank the punt. The Lions also got Dallas in a 4th and 6th situation with the game on the line and after dominating the Cowboys all game they gave up like a 20 yard play to Witten. Then the last drive of the game, Stafford fumbled the ball TWICE. Stafford had three turnovers, an interception and two fumbles, all in the second half. Yet the failed PI call is what supposedly doomed the Lions.

It was a terrible call since the defender never turned around to play the ball and made contact with the receiver. It changed momentum since if the call stands, Detroit is already in FG range and could have at the worst extended the lead to 23-17, then who knows how it finishes.

Of course, all the crap after that was the Lions bungling things up. In the playoffs, you find out what kind of coach you really have...and Caldwell punting on that 4th and 1 said all it all. After that, Detroit had countless times to stop Dallas, but couldn't stop shooting themselves in the foot with stupid penalty after stupid penalty

Edited by bloodbrother

Normally I would care but the Lions are by far the dirtiest team in the NFL so I am glad it happened to them.  I hope the other dirty team, the Seahawks get ****ed by the refs against Carolina.

I am bummed for Arizona, they could have really gone on a run if Palmer didn't get hurt.

Go Pack Go!

Pettigrew had a whole hand full of Hitchens face mask on that play.  Could it be that Hitchens couldn't make a play on the ball because of this?  You can clearly see Pettigrew grabbing onto Hitchens face mask after the ball has already been thrown.  No way he was going to be able to turn in time to make a play.  The push that people are complaining about is Hitchens trying to get Pettigrew to let go of his face mask.

https://vine.co/v/OdD5hWMBK2q

Edited by Chimi