• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Looking for a good town to rent a beach house for vacation

How is Ventura? My friend told me his coworker rented a place on the beach there and loved it.

A bit north of where I was looking, but doesn't seem that far.

How is the traffic there?

not bad if you are staying in Ventura.  Sucks if you are going anywhere south.  Which would be all of L.A.  

I guess the question really comes down to since you are looking at Ventura, what do you really want to do when you are down this way?  How many Angels games?  What other things do you plan on doing?  Especially with the SIL and BIL family attending.  What they may want to do, and what you want to do may be two very different things.  If your Angels games get cut down to one or two, and no Disneyland, then the options would be a lot wider than say a bunch of Angels games, with Disneyland and California Adventure.

not bad if you are staying in Ventura.  Sucks if you are going anywhere south.  Which would be all of L.A.  

I guess the question really comes down to since you are looking at Ventura, what do you really want to do when you are down this way?  How many Angels games?  What other things do you plan on doing?  Especially with the SIL and BIL family attending.  What they may want to do, and what you want to do may be two very different things.  If your Angels games get cut down to one or two, and no Disneyland, then the options would be a lot wider than say a bunch of Angels games, with Disneyland and California Adventure.

A couple of games, 2 days in DL, a day at Universal, one day to do some touristy things, and some beach/relax time

A couple of games, 2 days in DL, a day at Universal, one day to do some touristy things, and some beach/relax time

may i suggest for Universal.  Take the train.  Take the Metrolink (Anaheim station or Irvine station I believe has free parking) to Union Station.  Subway/Red Line to Universal and if you want to go full blown tourist, get off at Hollywood and Highland.  If you do that, then that opens up most of the OC.  you just have to check on Metrolinks hours of operation.  I know red line goes till midnight and sometimes later.  But Metrolink may not.  

Newport would probably be the closest beach.  Especially if say you spend 2-4 days in the Anaheim area.  

Of course your other option is spend the first two days at Disney in one of the neighboring hotels, maybe catching a game in the evening.  Then spend the rest of the week recouperating at whatever beach rental you want.  

Def hitting a few games.

In that case, Ventura to Anaheim, despite it's relatively short distance could take 3 or 4 hours each way by car.  I don't recommend it.  And forget my Catalina Island suggestion unless you feel like going for a day or two. 

There's lots of south Orange County people here (not me).  How long does it take to drive from, say, Newport or Laguna to the Big A?  I'm guessing 30-45 mins, an hour at worst, but they would have a better idea than I do.