• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New Yoan Moncada Video w/Ben Badler of BA

ettin

dude looks like a beast.  I'm seeing some sammy sosa from the right side and bobby abreu from the left.  

seems like the real deal but spending 100mil on a 19yo unproven player is kinda tough to justify.  If they were willing to go all in on this kid I would be for it, but I totally understand if they didn't want to take the risk.  

dude looks like a beast.  I'm seeing some sammy sosa from the right side and bobby abreu from the left.  

seems like the real deal but spending 100mil on a 19yo unproven player is kinda tough to justify.  If they were willing to go all in on this kid I would be for it, but I totally understand if they didn't want to take the risk.  

Is he really being projected to get 100 mil? I find that hard to believe.

He's adding in the tax for some reason. The tax from what I understand is just cash out of Arte's pocket. If he wants to do it, who cares? It's his money to spend. Doesn't affect the payroll.

Is he really being projected to get 100 mil? I find that hard to believe.

50+ mil to the player and then double it because of the tax.  

It doesn't count against the CBT, but it does count toward payroll.  That would be 50mil paid over 5+ years so about 10mil per year that wouldn't be available to go to another player.  

The Angels are saying they won't be in the market for him, but I'm calling BS. The ball club just freed up some space with the Kemdrick trade. Granted, signing Moncada won't effect the Angels with the cap, but there's money freed up.

The Angels have a future need at 3B and SS, have a minor leagues stacked with pitching talent, won't be able to sign any largely expensive Latin American prospects for 2 years, some of the biggest international spenders ineligible to sign the kid and the Angels have the financial ability to make this signing.

It's the perfect situation for the Angels, something that doesn't come by very frequently. There's no way the Angels aren't heavily in this.

It could also be beneficial to have both Moncada and Baldoquin to room and come up through the system together. It'd help to have someone you're familiar with to adjust to this new life together in the US, with money, in the minors.

I think the Angels sign him and pay big. Plus selfishly, it'd make our top prospect lists must-read material (they already are!). Moncada, Heaney, Newcomb, Baldoquin.

Wow! I want him signed by the Angels.

Let's see, Freese is a FA next year, and we have no real replacement for him in the system. There aren't that many high profile 3B available, and if we went the FA route, we'd pay well over $10 million/year to sign one. With his bat speed and base speed, he's got huge upside. Assuming his mental makeup is good, he looks like he could zip through our Minor Leagues like Trout did. Pair him up with Trout, bat him second, that could be very dangerous. 

IMHO, we have to go all-in to sign him.

I agree. It makes more sense to me to take a financial risk on young talent than on old players.  The Angels already have a couple of well paid players reminding me about the discrepancy between past performance and current performance. If future performance is uncertain for most players, than why not gamble more on well scouted young talent?