• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin.com's 10th Anniversary Member Appreciation Interview with Victor

AngelsWin.com

10th-anniversayURL-LARGE-01.jpg

As we celebrate our 10th anniversary at AngelsWin.com we've focused our attention on our writers, mods, contributors & website members. As the year has winded down, we're wrapping up this series with our director of social media, Geoff Stoddart (later today) and long time member, Victor. In this feature we put the spotlight on Victor Varadi, one of our longest tenured members and contributor to our Top-50 Greatest Moments in Angels Baseball. 

Let's get to know Victor a bit more in today's Member Appreciation Interview.

AngelsWin.com: When and how did you first come to AngelsWin.com?

Victor: I think I read an article in the LA Times where Chuck was quoted. I went to the site and quickly struck up an internet affair with Adam, Brandon and Geoff (LTH).

AngelsWin.com:  What keeps you coming back to the site?

Victor: When I used to visit regularly it was for the banter, and for the laugh. For every good read there were some seriously outrageous posts. But so it goes with sports fans. The "other" forums were full of comedy gold.

AngelsWin.com:  What have been some of your favorite articles and threads?

Victor: Some of the player and personnel interviews have been top notch. What ever might be said about the site, one can't deny the unbelievable access fans have been given to the team, and AngelsWin has to be one of a kind when it comes to getting their favorite sports team to open up about the inner workings of the club.

AngelsWin.com: What in-person events have you attended from AngelsWin.com (Spring/Summer Fanfests, Charity Golf, Charity Softball)?

Victor: I was an OG for the softball game, when it was just a way for some of us yahoos to get together and actually meet in person. And I also attended a couple of the fanfests where some of the kids of the posters were able to come together and have fun under the big A.

AngelsWin.com: In your opinion, what is AngelsWin.com’s best feature: the articles, charitable events, game-day chat, message boards, Fanfests, podcasts, etc?

Victor: Again, I'd say the interviews that are done by AngelsWin staff. Fans interviewing their favorite players.

Lighter Side

AngelsWin.com:  Where do you live and what do you do?

Victor: Los Angeles. Project Manager and Consultant for Digital and Tech

AngelsWin.com: Why are you an Angels fan?

Victor: I don't know. I grew up in the shadow of Dodger stadium, but my dad hated the Dodgers and I guess I did too, although that's subsided a bit. In my neighborhood we were split between Angels and Dodger fans. I was an Angels fan.

AngelsWin.com:  What was your first Angels game that you remember? Who’d you go with?

Victor: I think bringing my son to his first game. He was 3 months old, Angels Dodgers freeway series pre-season game, 2004. I loved watching him grow up at the stadium for about 7 seasons. Pretty cool.

AngelsWin.com: Who have been your favorite players? Why? Any great stories or interactions with them? 

Victor: I had a lot of favorite players growing up, and some of them were not Angels - Johnny Bench and Mike Scioscia - and I'm not sure why I loved catchers (insert Brandon joke here). I loved watching Rod Carew because aside from being a great hitter, he was such a hustler. My Favorite story is one where I never actually interacted. My then wife met Mike Scioscia at conference. She got an Angels hat for him to sign for me, and I asked her to get one signed for my buddy who was a huge Dodger fan. She told Mike that the second hat was for a Dodger fan and he looked at her and said " I don't know if I want to sign that then." He smiled and of course signed it, but I loved how Sosh really became a part of the Angels Organization and made it his home.

AngelsWin.com:  How do you survive the off-season?

Victor: I watch other sports and spend time watching my kids play soccer. That takes up plenty of my time.

AngelsWin.com: What’s one thing you’d like everyone in AngelsWin.com to know about you?

Victor:  I'm incredibly handsome.

I thought Victors best burn actually came against Tad. Tad was baiting him to no end and Victor just unleashed on him. I believe that is what broke Tad's spirit and forced him to make creepy videos from inside his closet that he occasionally posts on youtube.

I just remember you clowning him for the wwf stuff as well as being a nuisance at games. It might have been in the thread with his shirt designs.

Yea, him and his dad sat in the section directly in front of us. I get that he had some issues but he was out of control! I felt bad for him cos i used to watch how his dad interacted with him, and it was clear to me that his dad wanted nothing to do with him. Kinda sucked