• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Angel players

notherhalo

Ran into George Hendrix at Diamond Bar golf course. My friend and I played with him and his son. He gave me a phone number and said if you want free tickets call and ask for me. It was the Angels clubhouse number. He would leave tickets at will call for me. 4 ticket right behind home plate. I asked for tickets 4 times and he accommodated every time. He got traded. No more tickets. Years later, I had tickets 4 rows off the dugout and there was Ole George coaching first base. 

Aurelio Rodríguez, came up as a 19 year old for a cup of coffee. Played 3rd base as a starter at age 21 and then the following 1970 season traded to the Washington Senators with Rick Reichard for Ken McMullen. After both had basically a career year at the plate Rodriguez was involved in an 8 player trade to the Tigers while Reichardt went to the White Sox for a pitcher they dumped. 

At the end of the 1972 season McMullen with Andy Messerschmidt were traded to the Dodgers for Billy GrabarkewitzFrank RobinsonBill SingerMike Strahler and Bobby Valentine

The Angels flipped Grabarkewitz to Philly for Denny Dole that I don't even remember being on the team for a whole year as a second baseman. He was traded to Boston for a pitcher that never go out of the minor leagues.

Singer pitched 40 games and notched 315 innings in 1973. Then his arm fell off. Strahler never pitched for the Angels. 

Valentine along with Rudy Meoli were traded to San Diego for pitcher Gary Ross, another guy I don't remember but he started 31 games in 1976 and had a respectable 3.00 ERA. The following year at age 29 his arm fell off, never pitched again. 

Robinson was traded to Cleveland for Ken Suarez that never played for the Angels and tossed in as a PTBNL Rusty Torres that did play for the Angels in 1976 and was a free agent in 1978. 

Two players resulted in trades that had 10 players eventually come and go with the Angels through that first trade in 1970 through 1977.