• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB.com's Top 20 Angels Prospects

Angelsjunky

I'm not sure when they posted these, but here you go.

Here's the list:

1. Heaney

2. Newcomb

3. Gatto

4. Ellis

5. Tropeano

6. Cowart

7. Bedrosian

8. H Green

9. R Sanchez

10. Yarbrough

11. C Perez

12. Rhoades

13. Delgado

14. McGowin

15. Alcantara

16. Gott

17. Featherston

18. Stamets

19. Snodgress

20. Smith

The obvious thing to note is no Baldoquin. I think they have Gatto, Ellis, and Cowart all a bit high.

So Tropeano leads the PCL in ERA, sports a 120/33 K/W rate, throws more innings than hits allowed and BB combined...    Joe Gatto pitches 27 innings, posts weak to mediocre results and somehow he's rated two spots ahead of Tropeano.   God how I love these rankings, FB readings>results.

That's also the best collection of talent for the Angels in a while.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Now that pitching has been established in this org, it's time to put the focus back on best available player through the early rounds, and then start building position player depth.

Yeah I really don't like seeing Cowart as our top position prospect. He wouldn't make most teams top 10.

Edited by Poozy

Yeah I really don't like seeing Cowart as our top position prospect. He wouldn't make most teams top 10.

He's not in the Angels top 10 either, regardless of what this article states    Say what you will about his performance, Cowart has some really impressive tools and that's what these sorts of rankings tend to favor. 

So Tropeano leads the PCL in ERA, sports a 120/33 K/W rate, throws more innings than hits allowed and BB combined... Joe Gatto pitches 27 innings, posts weak to mediocre results and somehow he's rated two spots ahead of Tropeano. God how I love these rankings, FB readings>results.

That's also the best collection of talent for the Angels in a while.

Bingo dude. I seriously couldn't have said it any better. The way these sites evaluate, they'd rate Dave Kingman over Ozzie Smith.

There has to be a happy medium between upside, results, proximity to the majors and team needs.