• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Vaccinations

cals

http://www.latimes.com/local/education/la-me-school-vaccines-20140903-story.html#page=1

It appears that the parents of the Chases and Braydens and Dylans out there have led us to the brink of a public health emergency.

How many of you are dumb and are going to let your kids get sick and put my kid at risk as well?

About the most terrifying moment in my childhood was waiting in line for a vaccination. It was also one of the more painful moments since the assholes doing it were obviously immune to seeing kids in pain. There is a way to make an injection more brutal than it needs to be and these jerks must have scored high grades in that class. 

From there on out a needle makes my knees turn to jello, even though the medical facility I go to the nurses all know how to make a blood draw or injection almost completely painless. If the kids were still of the age of needing a vaccination I would send them to our medical clinic rather than let the school system do it.

People are sheep. Google about vaccinations and how fraudulent they are while not working or making people worse.

I worked with a doctor that was a big anti vaccination advocate, I looked up everything she spouted off and she was right.

Yes, google about the Anti-Vaccination people/advocates and see the health crisis it is creating.

If my doctor was anti-vaccination, I would go find a new one, quickly.

The chiropractic community is a big player in the anti-vaccine movement, which reminds me of something.

My cousin is a quack chiropractor who lives on the east coast.  His brother in law had a heart attack and needed a quadruple bypass last month.  He tells his sister (my other cousin) to tell the doctors "No antibiotics!  No antibiotics!"  This despite Tom (his brother in law) nearly dying the day of the surgery.  And if you've ever been to West Med Anaheim, antibiotics might be advisable for walking in the front door.  The place is filthy, even in ICU.

I think the anti-vaccine movement would die off if insurance companies stopped paying for alternative "medicine". 

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-aa2-snapshot-measles-whooping-cough-20150108-story.html#page=1

Again, just because you have a beard and an IQ less than average, but THINK you are smart and your wife is even dumber and douchier than you, does NOT mean you get to put the rest of the population at risk. I don't care if Decklyn and Grayden get sick and die, that's on you, but when you endanger the rest of society because of your nonsense? F*ck you.

And yes, if you have ever been to or support chiropractors as a doctor, I'm talking to you, dumbf*ck.

i worry about this happening at my school but from a different perspective. we have kids here from china, where the daily health standards for living are quite a bit different. while they get a set of shots at the beginning of the year, i also worry about them bringing some new kind of bug here that my lungs won't be able to handle (i get bronchitis easily and too frequently).

but yeah, go get your kids immunized.  it's silly not to.

Vaccines are not 100% effective.  Part of the efficacy is having the entire population vaccinated.  At a percentage less than 92%, I believe, the risk of an epidemic becomes a reality and the more people infected, the more those who have been vaccinated become infected.

So by being a hipster with a small schlong and low self-esteem, these tools are risking my kid, me, you, your family, etc.

i worry about this happening at my school but from a different perspective. we have kids here from china, where the daily health standards for living are quite a bit different. while they get a set of shots at the beginning of the year, i also worry about them bringing some new kind of bug here that my lungs won't be able to handle (i get bronchitis easily and too frequently).

but yeah, go get your kids immunized.  it's silly not to.

i'd worry about them screwing up the curve

I think the anti-vaccination movement is bogus, but wouldn't the only kids in danger of contracting a virus like measles be the ones whose parents decided not to vaccinate them? So calscuf, your kids wouldn't be at risk.

Not only Those kids but some kids are truly allergic to some vaccines or other actual medical reasons they can't get them. Those kids are at risk as well.

Wrong, flu shots are incredibly effective.

It also doesn't make you sick.  Stop reading blogs from 2002.  Some years it is 50% effective some years it is 90% effective and some it is only 25% effective.  Either way it is cheap as hell and could save you from getting the flu with no side effects.

I think vaccines for serious illnesses are probably a good idea but flu shots are a complete fraud. The shot itself makes you sick and doesn't protect you against 95% of the different types of flu that year.

I've gotten a flu shot every year for the past 15 years. I also haven't gotten the flu in the last 15 years. Anecdotal, I know, but it seems to work for me.