• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Firefox has really gone downhill

mp170.6

The last several versions of Firefox have really gone down hill.

The memory hogging is substantially worse than ever before.  I have just one Firefox window open as I write this, and it's consuming 1.2 GB of RAM and 41% CPU.  This is on a Windows PC. 

Have you noticed the same problem? 

I dropped Firefox some time ago because of memory issues. A lot of pages loaded slowly and I got a lot of freezes and crashes with it. My primary browser is Opera. I like the thumbnail display of main pages of the sites I visit and its ability to store and insert user names and passwords with a key combination. There are some sites on which some functions don't work properly in Opera, and for those I use Google Chrome.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I'm on Chrome.  Used to be on firefox, but it's so damn slow.  

Saw an this article about Aviator.  I like a few things about it.  One thing I don't like is that it won't remember passwords, at least not easily that I have seen.  Even if you click on remember password buttons.  But it seems fast enough.  I haven't done any memory checks or anything on it though, so don't know if it's a memory hog or not.  

I use Firefox for our online grade book at school - we have to as that's the recommended browser by the company. Outside of that I don't use Firefox for anything else. I still use safari for everything else. I have no complaints.

Dropped Aviator and started using Comodo Chromium Secure.  Probably the same thing as chrome.  

I did download a bunch of extensions, adblock, adblockplus, disconnect, ghostery, https everywhere, privdog, trafficlight, wot, along with the comodo stuff.  Definitely blocks a lot more crap, and seems to speed things up a bit.  I'm just surprised how much tracking and analytics run on websites.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have this awesome old Gordon Biersch sweatshirt that had finally reached the purest level of manliness with tattered sleeves and collar, a couple of well placed stains and a hole forming along the shoulder. Absolutely the most comfortable piece of clothing and perfect for lounging on the couch and watching the NFL, not giving one shit if the salsa or guacamole dripped off the chip.

My wife threw it away.

Don't get married.