• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jeb Bush

I have zero excitement about Jeb Bush running for President. I think he will be a great choice if Republicans care about status quo, big donors, and still being seen as the party of the rich. He will also join the long list of "moderate electable" candidates that finish in second place. If he does get elected he will be just another Republican who thinks deficits don't matter and fiscal responsibility means spending at a slightly slower rate than Democrats.

I would still hold my nose and vote for him against Hillary, Warren, or (gulp) Biden.

the sad part is that the shills that are currently being touted as pres candidates are worthless, bought and paid for front people for corporations/ military industrial complex/ banks.

we should do what they do in south america and run two barnyard animals against each other. a cow or a pig in the white house would be better than any of these people.

oh, and **** the clintons.

Rand Paul is nothing like his dad.  He is a sellout.

quite honestly there is not one single name being tossed out there right now I feel would be a good president.

If Gary Johnson runs again I'll vote for him. People say I'll be throwing away my vote but at least I won't feel like a $2 whore when I leave the voting booth.

Bush 41 fought for our country in WWII as a pilot and was shot down. He swam for three hours until rescued. This shows bravery and perseverance to me.

Bush 41 served as a Congressman from Texas and helped pushed through legislation to allow minorities equal and fair housing. A very unpopular side of the issue in Texas in the 50's and 60's. This shows leadership and a sense of right and wrong.

Bush 41 served as Ambassador to the UN. Among the highest levels for a diplomat in the world.

Bush 41 served as Chairman of the Republican National Commitee. He was recognized for his organizational skills and team building at the state level and tapped for the national Chairmanship.

Bush 41 served as Liaison Officer in China. This was during the times when we had no normalized relationship with China. This was during a very hostile time in our history with China and it is thought that his influence helped with the eventual recognition of China and a normalization of relations. Today this job would be Ambassador.

Bush 41 served as Director of the CIA. His contributions were so well thought of that Bill Clinton dedicated the CIA Headquarters at Langley the George H W Bush Building. This was while Clinton was still in office and before these two became such good friends. Again his team building skills and diplomacy had shown to be of great value.

Bush 41 spent eight years as Vice President to Reagan. He was sent to every hotspot in the world because of his skills at diplomacy and because the leaders of the world trusted him and took him at his word. He also represented our country at every high level state funeral during that time. Reagan sought his counsel on a weekly basis and he helped form policy.

Bush 41 served as President for four years. He built a coalition to go into the Middle East and drive Iraq out of Kuwait. This was a major undertaking as he aligned virtually every Arab country against Iraq and allowed the U.S. to go in and drive them out. Those of us that remember all of this recal Iraq launching dozens of SCUD missiles into Israel daily. Hussein was trying to draw Israel into the conflict which would have destroyed the coalition. No Arab country would take up arms on the same side as Israel. EVER. Bush 41 kept Israel calm and on the sidelines during this whole affair. Thus preserving the coalition.

Bush 41 watched over the collapse of the Soviet Union and the fall of the Berlin wall. And he had the guts not to gloat. He used his diplomatic skills again to encourage Gorby and support him on the world stage. All of this without pissing off all of the Soviet hardliners which could have had dire consequences.

History will show that Bush 41 was on the right side of almost every major issue of the last 60 years. He has treated all of this with great humbleness and zero personal fanfare. President Obama honored Bush41 with the Presidential Medal Of Freedom. Bush 41 deserves a lot of credit for his work for the U.S. he is quick to share any credit with staff and everyone else.

Serving as a one term President does not make you a bad President. We were lucky to have a man and leader of his caliber take up a life of public service. And he really seems like a really nice guy.

Yes wopphil. It's well documented that the economic numbers were all revised after the election to show that there had been 4 quarters of growth including growth of almost 8% the quarter preceding the election. We can't know how a second term for Bush 41 would have gone but can you imagine how history would treat him if he had been President during the rise of the Internet economy that Clinton benefitted from?

Bush 41 fought for our country in WWII as a pilot and was shot down. He swam for three hours until rescued. This shows bravery and perseverance to me.

Bush 41 served as a Congressman from Texas and helped pushed through legislation to allow minorities equal and fair housing. A very unpopular side of the issue in Texas in the 50's and 60's. This shows leadership and a sense of right and wrong.

Bush 41 served as Ambassador to the UN. Among the highest levels for a diplomat in the world.

Bush 41 served as Chairman of the Republican National Commitee. He was recognized for his organizational skills and team building at the state level and tapped for the national Chairmanship.

Bush 41 served as Liaison Officer in China. This was during the times when we had no normalized relationship with China. This was during a very hostile time in our history with China and it is thought that his influence helped with the eventual recognition of China and a normalization of relations. Today this job would be Ambassador.

Bush 41 served as Director of the CIA. His contributions were so well thought of that Bill Clinton dedicated the CIA Headquarters at Langley the George H W Bush Building. This was while Clinton was still in office and before these two became such good friends. Again his team building skills and diplomacy had shown to be of great value.

Bush 41 spent eight years as Vice President to Reagan. He was sent to every hotspot in the world because of his skills at diplomacy and because the leaders of the world trusted him and took him at his word. He also represented our country at every high level state funeral during that time. Reagan sought his counsel on a weekly basis and he helped form policy.

Bush 41 served as President for four years. He built a coalition to go into the Middle East and drive Iraq out of Kuwait. This was a major undertaking as he aligned virtually every Arab country against Iraq and allowed the U.S. to go in and drive them out. Those of us that remember all of this recal Iraq launching dozens of SCUD missiles into Israel daily. Hussein was trying to draw Israel into the conflict which would have destroyed the coalition. No Arab country would take up arms on the same side as Israel. EVER. Bush 41 kept Israel calm and on the sidelines during this whole affair. Thus preserving the coalition.

Bush 41 watched over the collapse of the Soviet Union and the fall of the Berlin wall. And he had the guts not to gloat. He used his diplomatic skills again to encourage Gorby and support him on the world stage. All of this without pissing off all of the Soviet hardliners which could have had dire consequences.

History will show that Bush 41 was on the right side of almost every major issue of the last 60 years. He has treated all of this with great humbleness and zero personal fanfare. President Obama honored Bush41 with the Presidential Medal Of Freedom. Bush 41 deserves a lot of credit for his work for the U.S. he is quick to share any credit with staff and everyone else.

Serving as a one term President does not make you a bad President. We were lucky to have a man and leader of his caliber take up a life of public service. And he really seems like a really nice guy.

But, but, but... Bush!

Re: Bush 41. I had the opportunity to speak to a man who served in his security detail. He said that Bush, Sr. was a very likable and intelligent man who treated those around him courteously and respectfully. He also said that what you saw was what you got. There was no pretentiousness and no secret comings and goings at the White House while he was there.

Excellent post Splint. Only thing I would add is the economy's outstanding growth in 1992. Contrary to popular perception, the economy was growing, not shrinking, when Bush lost to Clinton in 1992.

Crediting presidents for economic growth or failure is political fantasy. That might be fair if you include all of Congress over the same period, but even then, it doesn't make much sense if the House or Senate has changed hands over the same period. 

Economic changes of any big significance take years to materialize, and the US Economy historically goes through a complete cycle -- including a recession -- every 8-10 years.  That is normal. 

The argument you're offering that a President's charisma and personal ideology has the power to make or break a $17 Trillion economy is nonsense. 

Crediting presidents for economic growth or failure is political fantasy. That might be fair if you include all of Congress over the same period, but even then, it doesn't make much sense if the House or Senate has changed hands over the same period.

Economic changes of any big significance take years to materialize, and the US Economy historically goes through a complete cycle -- including a recession -- every 8-10 years. That is normal.

The argument you're offering that a President's charisma and personal ideology has the power to make or break a $17 Trillion economy is nonsense.

Go back and read my post, I am not making that point. And, I actually agree with you (for the most part). However, I do think presidents can dictate monetary policy that can help drive an economy.

My point was that people bash Bush Sr. for presiding at a time when the economy was bad, when the truth is that the economy was rapidly strenghthening during his final year in office.