• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jeb Bush

I just read that he now has a commanding poll lead with respect to potential candidates for the 2016 election.

I am pretty stoked...the Bush family is a great family and I'd be happy to see Jeb serve as president. I think he'd appeal to Latino voters and is probably the only candidate capable of beating Hilary, his near certain opponent, in a general election.

Are there any other viable republican candidates who could beat Hilary in a general election? How many of you won't vote for Jeb merely because you don't want the same family running the country again?

Polls are super accurate two years out.

I'd only vote for Jeb if he claims the term Paki isn't offensive.

I agree, the polls are of very limited utility. But, they probably do serve to confirm that, at the very least, Jeb ought to be seen as the front-runner for the nomination.

I am just curious as to what people think of Jeb and his chances. A lot of people badmouth him, but they can't usually articulate a reason beyond "I don't want to see another Bush president."

phil was talking about how he missed W a little while back. This shouldn't come as much of a shock.

Compared to Obama, George W. was like George Washington.

All of you libs have skirted the issue though. You clearly don't like Jeb, but in typical lib fashion you don't provide a reason. I am sure you have something meaningful you can contribute - what are your reasons?

Compared to Obama, George W. was like George Washington.

I can't possibly have a conversation with someone whose judgment is that far gone. I will wait for the next one to come along. W's was one of the most disastrous presidencies of my lifetime, and Eisenhower was president when I was born.

I agree, the polls are of very limited utility. But, they probably do serve to confirm that, at the very least, Jeb ought to be seen as the front-runner for the nomination.

I am just curious as to what people think of Jeb and his chances. A lot of people badmouth him, but they can't usually articulate a reason beyond "I don't want to see another Bush president."

What reasons have you provided other than his general viability as a candidate and more or less stating "I want to see another Bush president" in support of him thus far?

What reasons have you provided other than his general viability as a candidate and more or less stating "I want to see another Bush president" in support of him thus far?

I think highly of the Bush family - I think they are good people, and I trust that Jeb has the right character and temperament for the job.

I think Jeb, from what I know of his political positions, falls on the moderate spectrum of republican politics.

I think Jeb has the requisite executive experience and the pedigree to handle the position.

And then of course, as you stated, I believe he has the ability to win the general election.

Edited by wopphil

I think highly of the Bush family - I think they are good people, and I trust that Jeb has the right character and temperament for the job.

I think Jeb, from what I know of his political positions, falls on the moderate spectrum of republican politics.

I think Jeb has the requisite executive experience and the pedigree to handle the position.

And then of course, as you stated, I believe he has the ability to win the general election.

Aside from your commentary, this is information that everyone already knows. Many of us consider his brother to be a pretty lousy President and their dad wasn't particularly great either. Why would we want someone cut from the same cloth running the country? The problem with you phil is that you tend to look at things from one side. I can only imagine what your reaction would be if Obama had a sibling who was in a similar position that Jeb is in now. There would be few supporters here, if any, and you sure as hell wouldn't be one of them.

Aside from your commentary, this is information that everyone already knows. Many of us consider his brother to be a pretty lousy President and their dad wasn't particularly great either. Why would we want someone cut from the same cloth running the country? The problem with you phil is that you tend to look at things from one side. I can only imagine what your reaction would be if Obama had a sibling who was in a similar position that Jeb is in now. There would be few supporters here, if any, and you sure as hell wouldn't be one of them.

Why do you feel as though I am trying to convince you to like Jeb? I started this thread because I wanted to hear what people think about Jeb Bush, whether good or bad, not because I need a lecture from you about how I am myopic (so myopic, in fact, that my vote for Obama in 2008 must have been the result of ballot confusion).

And while nothing I have said in this thread should be controversial to any reasonable person, you have yet again chosen to make it personal. No surprise there. If you don't want to participate in the discussion because you despise the Bushes so badly, why did you even read this thread? And why can't people who disagree with your position on things be free to use this forum too?

Edited by wopphil

1. You weren't wondering what people thought of Jeb, you asked a loaded question. Re-read your OP.

You are wrong. The thread was intended to invite discussion about him, his presidential prospects, etc. Just because I didn't ask the specific question "what do you think of Jeb Bush" doesn't mean the question wasn't implied.

What else would have been the purpose of the thread? What else, or who else, did you interpret the thread to be discussing?