• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Braves sign Jason Grilli

rick99gtp

In all honesty i was hoping to keep him. Our pen was great in the second half, but weve already jepsen (who was huge for us), and now grilli, who was another great 7th inning guy

If bedrosian steps forward, cool. But right now if something happens to one of the smith/street combo, salas takes a step back etc....the pen isnt the same as last year

In all honesty i was hoping to keep him. Our pen was great in the second half, but weve already jepsen (who was huge for us), and now grilli, who was another great 7th inning guy

If bedrosian steps forward, cool. But right now if something happens to one of the smith/street combo, salas takes a step back etc....the pen isnt the same as last year

Well, the same thing can be say about last year's pen, If something happens to one of the Smith/Street combo, if Jepsen loses his command again, if Grilli shows his age..........blah blah blah.

The bottom line is the Angels just doesn't have the budget to pay a 38 years old 7th rp 2/8 mil.

I dunno. Angels pen was pretty horrible two years ago. Grilli was a big reason it turned around. Street is the other. It could go to crap again just as quickly.

I dunno. Angels pen was pretty horrible two years ago. Grilli was a big reason it turned around. Street is the other. It could go to crap again just as quickly.

Big reason? 3.48 era in 33.2 IP, actually Grilli has the highest era in the pen

Pestano, Morin, Salas, Bedrock, Rasmus, Gott and Reynolds. The Angels 6th and 7th innings will be fine.

3 of those guys have shown absolutely nothing at the MLB level. Pestano I have high hope for, but he still has to actually return to form. Morin is great. Salas scares me. I like Rasmus, hope he can follow up last year

Edited by Butcher'd

Morin is the Angels third best RP, and I'd trust him over both Jepsen and Grilli in the 7th if they were still here.

Pestano looked amazing in AAA last year and great with the Angels. Very excited to have him.

Salas is hot and cold. He'll have a phase where he's untouchable and another where he can't get anyone out. Hopefully he finds that consistency that has eluded him in his career.

Rasmus, Bedrock, Gott and Reynolds can all bring it in the mid-90's. Doesn't mean they're ready, but it's a good place to start.

Well, the same thing can be say about last year's pen, If something happens to one of the Smith/Street combo, if Jepsen loses his command again, if Grilli shows his age..........blah blah blah.

The bottom line is the Angels just doesn't have the budget to pay a 38 years old 7th rp 2/8 mil.

Yeah, blah blah. I mean, nothing bad ever happens with our depth, especially the pen.

Guess i just imagined 2010-mid 14....