• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels invite 20 non-roster players to Spring Training

John Smith

RHP Trevor Gott, Yoslan Herrera, Alex Sanabia and Albert Suarez.

LHP -- Edgar Ibarra, Sean Newcomb, Atahualpa Severino, Nate Smith, Scott Snodrass and Adam Wilk.

Catchers -- Charles Cutler, Stephen McGee and Jackson Williams.

IF-- Sherman Johnson, Eric Stamets, Ryan Wheeler and Alex Yabrough.

OF -- Roger Kieschnick, Alfredo Marte and D'Arby Myers.

http://m.angels.mlb.com/news/article/104839004/angels-invite-20-non-roster-players-to-spring-training

That trade would get rejected.

Actually I don't think it would. Newcomb, Smith, Johnson, and Yarbrough are legitimate prospects. Adding 16 other low-level prospects into the trade would at least make the Phillies look. However they may not want what any of those guys offer or bring. However it would be crippling to the Angels.

However you are correct in the absurd nature of the idea.

EDIT: I used the word 'however' waaaaayyyy too many times in this post.

Edited by ettin

Same here.

He's my sleeper guy ala Kole Calhoun who also didn't get enough love from the so-called prospect writers/evaluators.

My secret fantasy is that he can translate his considerable on-base skills to the majors and be leading off in front of Calhoun and Trout, but I'd be happy if he just made it as a utility guy. Either way I think he's going to surprise many and be on the team by 2016.

I have never rated Sherman that high, but the way everyone here rallies for him, I can't help but be a fan. I think 3 guys will open a lot of eyes, Eric Stamets, Alex Yarbrough and Alfredo Marte.

I'd add Cutler to that eye opening list as well. Kieschnick has a lot of power potential too.

This is a fascinating subject to me. Prospects don't come out of the womb ready to play Major League baseball. It takes some players a lot longer to develop their skills and hit their ceilings. Some never do.

That age 27 sweet spot really does seem to be the "average" time that most players "breakout". Players like Trout who are ready at age 19 are very rare. Position players in particular don't seem to find themselves experience wise until they hit the 25-29 year old range.

Just because Kieschnick hasn't shown a lot doesn't mean its not there. You should know that Scotty since you scout so much.

I think Cutler is going to surprise everyone. He has mad on-base skills.