• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calhoun post all star stats

Troll Daddy

I am just guessing but I think the lineup will still feature Calhoun as the leadoff with Joyce batting 2nd to move Trout to 3rd and Pujols 4th. The number 2 batter will be the wildcard when a left handed pitcher is on the mound so don't be surprised if Scioscia drops Aybar in there to move the runner via a sacrifice.

I am just guessing but I think the lineup will still feature Calhoun as the leadoff with Joyce batting 2nd to move Trout to 3rd and Pujols 4th. The number 2 batter will be the wildcard when a left handed pitcher is on the mound so don't be surprised if Scioscia drops Aybar in there to move the runner via a sacrifice.

Cowgill come on downnnnnn!

I'm sorry, no offense, but what's the point of this post?

So the kid had a down second half. 10-15 more baseballs fall in front of an OF and he hits .270'ish with a .320 OBP post AS-Break.

What's TD saying we should do? Remove him from leadoff?

That's ridiculous IMO. He's money. 

EDIT: He hit .297 with a .356 OBP in the first half. Sounds like a pretty good leadoff hitter to me. Isn't this why they call it an "average"? 

Edited by laagamer

I'm sorry, no offense, but what's the point of this post?

So the kid had a down second half. 10-15 more baseballs fall in front of an OF and he hits .270'ish with a .320 OBP post AS-Break.

What's TD saying we should do? Remove him from leadoff?

That's ridiculous IMO. He's money.

EDIT: He hit .297 with a .356 OBP in the first half. Sounds like a pretty good leadoff hitter to me. Isn't this why they call it an "average"?

Before you get bent out of shape ... I was referring to wether he should bat 1st or 2nd if Trout moves up in the lineup.

Calhoun is one of my favorite players on the team.

There's always a possibily that Aybar bats lead off. Dipoto had talked about it last year.

Calhoun's BABIP dipped from .331 to .299 in the 2nd half. While he definitely was playing over his head in the first half, he was also a little unlucky in the 2nd half.

Expect his 2015 numbers to be somewhere in between. .750-.800 OPS.

Shhh...don't talk to Troll about BABIP because it's not a real stat.

I like BABIP when trying to figure out if a player is playing over his head or underachieving. 

It's also a pretty easy stat to understand.

From fangraphs

http://www.fangraphs.com/library/pitching/babip/

A hitter has control over how often they put the ball in play and how hard they hit the ball, but due to the unpredictable nature of luck and defense, their BABIP may not be a perfect reflection of their performance to date and it is easier to observe this fluctuation when looking at BABIP compared to wOBA, OBP, or SLG for example.

Edited by Poozy

Pujols gas a career. 303 Babip , Robb Quinlan. 312.

BABIP's purpose isn't for comparing with other players.

There are other stats for that.

Pujols has a career .300 BABIP and around .270 as an Angel.

If Pujols magically started hitting like he did in his prime, but had a BABIP of .380 while doing so, then there would obviously be some cause for skepticism. 

Based off of Hamilton's abnormally high BABIP of .350 last year, I don't see a possible increase in his overall production next year.

Edited by Poozy