• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What do you expect from Hamilton in 2015?

Angelsjunky

Hamilton: 2015 Version  

113 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of numbers do you expect from Hamilton in 2015?

• What the Angels are paying for: .300+/.900+, 35+ HR
    • What the Angels thought they'd get: Around .280/.850, 30 HR
    • Improvement, but not spectatcular: .265/.800, 25 HR
    • More of the same: .250/.750, 20 HR
    • Game Over, man: Worse than the above

Sorry AJ, I think I trolled your poll with an early response that set the tone of the following responses. It does not look like any conversation about Hamilton can take place that doesn't elicit responses from a fanbase that has pretty much given up on him.

Talent doesn't just dissappear nor does ability so it has to be from ear to ear which really can't be fixed from an outside source. Josh has all of the best resources to help him but in the end it is Josh himself that is holding him back.

So next season it is about his willingness to be a professional ballplayer and if he meets that challenge then he can be a. 900 OPS+ player in a time where those are rare. That would be the best for the team and fans but we don't choose.

He has the talent and still has his physical health and that is what drives us all crazy. So unless the kid that wanted to be a MLB player shows up I have to go with my original prediction: excuses.

Did we not waste an out with a bunt to get to this AB?

We did. Some people who may have been interpreted as booing Hamilton as he walked up were actaully booing Scioscia for calling for a sacrifice.

There is no question that Josh has experienced a difficult journey fighting his demons.  However, before we cloak him in a blanket of empathy, consider the thousands of people who traveled a similar journey without the aid of having any God-given talent allowing for an obscenely large financial safety net. 

If Josh had trouble finding work, trouble supporting a family, experiencing the burden of crushing medical bills, than I would say that he has every right to be reserved and non-emotional.  However, he is not that person.  He did not have to sign the contract, and he does not have to continue playing.  My guess is that he will keep showing up as long as the money keeps flowing.

This +10000

Hope I'm wrong but I'm Thinking .235 14 Hrs kind of year - I hope he realizes that he has a job to do and that it is indeed an important one .

I don't know him personally obviously and I'm not able to read his mind - but it looks like he hasn't been working hard enough or focusing like he should . Maybe he is trying but it sure doesn't look like it

right -- but I am not just talking about 0 for 5's or what not......I'm talking about just terrible looking ABs where it looks like the guy isn't even really trying and pretty much phoning it in. That's how Hamilton looked. I'd still like the back story on who was really insisting he put on the playoff roster and then inserted into the starting line up. I mean, makes no difference now -- but too me, Hamilton's terrible ABs were kind of the theme of the Halos post-reason run.  We had the best record in baseball and had a good stretch run in late August/ September and then we change the line up dynamic for the playoffs? Oh well.

I never felt that way about Vladdy (he was just a bad ball hitter and swung at everything) or Figgy.

A healthy Hamilton with a minimum of 500 Ab's

.270 - .290 AVE

.310 - .340 OBP

.820 - .860 OPS

25 - 30 Hrs

80 - 110 RBI's

He's got be more selective at the plate and take the walk. He's going to get no protection in the lineup.

Great players like Hamilton and Wilson are usually harder on themselves. They know what it's like to be successful and on top of their game. I expect both on them to show up next season with vengeance.

Edited by Troll Daddy

Someone wrote earlier that it takes a year (or at least until the next season) to come back from an injury like he had with his thumb.  OK, I like that thought.

But in June: 

.268 .330 .361 .691

Then in July: 

.257 .322 .406 .728

August: 

.222 .286 .414

Forget September.

I'll take June/July numbers for next year with more power because his thumb will be ~100%.