• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What do you expect from Hamilton in 2015?

Angelsjunky

Hamilton: 2015 Version  

113 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of numbers do you expect from Hamilton in 2015?

• What the Angels are paying for: .300+/.900+, 35+ HR
    • What the Angels thought they'd get: Around .280/.850, 30 HR
    • Improvement, but not spectatcular: .265/.800, 25 HR
    • More of the same: .250/.750, 20 HR
    • Game Over, man: Worse than the above

More of the same. Games missed due to injury, lots and lots of horrible AB's ending in strikeouts with him just calmly walking back to the dugout like it's no big deal, and an OPS south of .750 with 20 or less HR's

This will be his last season in an Angels uniform IMO. He will be traded after the season with the Angels eating the majority of the $64 million he's owed in the last 2 years of his deal

Edited by bloodbrother

I expect this

soqwbcszfbs2wpoic73j.gif

And this

kmpvefzru4mbn8g8eghk.gif

With some more of this

gjyygmltati5xuvjrhom.gif

Those gifs made me curious and I did some digging.

Why did Hamilton struggle so much? Nothing really stood out for me outside of one thing.

His Contact %. Hamilton made contact 64% of the time last year.

Where does this rank on the Angels with a min 100 PAs?  Dead last....You might be thinking to yourself..... how can that be possible since Raul Ibanez had 190 PAs? Ibanez was 2nd to last with a 72.7% contact percentage.

MLB ranking(Min 250 PA)

309 out of 311

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=250&type=5&season=2014&month=0&season1=2014&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=8%2cd

Edited by Poozy

Hard to say.

Folks on this board have seen a lot of baseball in their lifetimes.

Have any of you seen a more dismal performance than Hamilton's AB's during the KC series?

is this is the Hamilton coming back, he'll be fortunate to hit .215.

If he plays like he did in the ALDS, he will put up Ibanez-like numbers in 2015. We might even be nostalgic for Ibanez after seeing him flail away.

Hard to say.

Folks on this board have seen a lot of baseball in their lifetimes.

Have any of you seen a more dismal performance than Hamilton's AB's during the KC series?

is this is the Hamilton coming back, he'll be fortunate to hit .215.

I remember Vladdy being awful during the first couple of playoffs series with the halos.  Figgy too if I recall.  

I see a lot of people saying that Josh seems to sit on the bench not caring. I wonder how a person with the background and problems he has had is supposed to act when he is in an obvious bad or down patch, whether it be form or injuries. I would assume he has spent a lot of time training himself to not get too down, angry, or have too much negative emotion affecting him in major ways. Im sure if he did seem sad, angry or agitated (eg. what some people seem to think would be showing he cares) on a regular basis it may be cause for some concern from some of his people. It cant be easy getting booed all the time on top of struggling at the plate.

To my memory, and i may be wrong, the guy doesnt seem to be over celebratory when he has had his good streaks either besides a high five and a smile. He seems to just want to play and get on the field whenever possible and play baseball.

No background with any of this myself but just a thought

There is no question that Josh has experienced a difficult journey fighting his demons.  However, before we cloak him in a blanket of empathy, consider the thousands of people who traveled a similar journey without the aid of having any God-given talent allowing for an obscenely large financial safety net. 

If Josh had trouble finding work, trouble supporting a family, experiencing the burden of crushing medical bills, than I would say that he has every right to be reserved and non-emotional.  However, he is not that person.  He did not have to sign the contract, and he does not have to continue playing.  My guess is that he will keep showing up as long as the money keeps flowing.

There is no question that Josh has experienced a difficult journey fighting his demons. However, before we cloak him in a blanket of empathy, consider the thousands of people who traveled a similar journey without the aid of having any God-given talent allowing for an obscenely large financial safety net.

If Josh had trouble finding work, trouble supporting a family, experiencing the burden of crushing medical bills, than I would say that he has every right to be reserved and non-emotional. However, he is not that person. He did not have to sign the contract, and he does not have to continue playing. My guess is that he will keep showing up as long as the money keeps flowing.

Not trying to "Rally for Josh" or anything, just wondering if the monotone personality is the product of councelling.