• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Next James Bond...

Taylor

Apparently Rush Limbaugh has weighed in on this...why...I don't know.

It isn't pretty.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rush-limbaugh-idris-elba-james-bond

"James Bond is a total concept put together by Ian Fleming. He was white and Scottish. Period. That is who James Bond is, was," Limbaugh said. His comments were flagged by The Guardian. "But now [they are] suggesting that the next James Bond should be Idris Elba, a black Britain, rather than a white from Scotland. But that's not who James Bond is and I know it's racist to probably point this out."

"James Bond is a total concept put together by Ian Fleming. He was white and Scottish. Period. That is who James Bond is, was," Limbaugh said. His comments were flagged by The Guardian. "But now [they are] suggesting that the next James Bond should be Idris Elba, a black Britain, rather than a white from Scotland. But that's not who James Bond is and I know it's racist to probably point this out."

George Lazenby - #@$@ing Australian

Roger Moore - English

Timothy Dalton - Half English/Half American

Pierce Bronson - Irish

Daniel Craig - English

Even then, the idea that Bond is "white and Socttish" being a total concept by Fleming is debatable. To my understanding, the only time Fleming cleared up Bond's background was after Sean Connery was already cast as Bond, and Fleming put some background in one of his last novels (probably like the 10th book) that made Bond Scottish. So it was simply because someone Scottish was cast as Bond originally that made Fleming write it into the novels.

And even that argument is pointless since he's the only Scottish actor to play Bond anyway.

Edited by Sam Sanchez

I like Elba, but seeing Stringer Bell and the guy from a terrible Takers movie as Bond seems criminal.

When he was on The Office every time he appeared on screen I would bellow..."Stringer Bell!"

My wife just looked at me and shook her head muttering the words idiot.

Yeah, could be a total bust but I'm optimistic. The better half has never seen the show, so we started to watch it until I found out the updated version was incoming. Maybe we are just spoiled, but the HBO Go version was so bad. It looks like 480 or at best 720 while being 4:3 that simply looked off and I couldn't find a way to stretch it or full screen it on one of the TVs.

I was late to the party and watched it in 2011 or 2012 renting the dvds from Blockbuster and binging the show in about 2 weeks....probably closer to a week. I don't remember anything special with the camera work or cinematography that could be effected. It's simply content driven for me.

The show actually holds up ok. Some parts here and here that seem archaic or "old" and I was actually worried about doing the show over for the slow parts, but it wasn't bad revisiting.

It popped up again on my news feed about the release and I had her check last night and it's not up yet. I'll have to recheck for the date. I just remember they were going to marathon it on HBO Signature for the release, and I assume HBO Go.

There's definitely a lot of development early on. I didn't feel the drag much the first time, but watching it again I get the same feeling as Breaking Bad where I wanted to turn it off....then both shows do something that make you want to watch the next episode.

I actually think that's why The Wire didn't do well originally, it was ahead of its time. Now people are accustomed to story, character development, and build up with tv shows. Even Sopranos had lulls...or what felt like them.

Good point.

I actually never heard of the show or felt the pressure of society. I had stopped working full time and then when my company took off I had nothing to do every day. I watched the Sopranos binge style and looked for something similar in story and quality and came across the wire.

It was also my foray into epic television. Back then it was like watching a movie in a week or two instead of three hours.

We have tried to get into the Wire twice.

Only get a few episodes in then.... meh.

We'll probably give it another go, everyone always says how amazing it is and you just have to get trough first season to get hooked.

I understand if The Wire isn't for you. Here's a TV suggestion that might be more your cup of tea:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0313038/