• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Troy Tulowitzki at 3B?

Was just thinking about our need of adding some offense.  Was reading that Colorado and NY Mets are discussing a trade for him.  Wondered if we could trade for him and have him play third (and trade Freese) or have him play short (and trade Aybar).  Tulo could take over short after Aybar leaves in that scenario, buying five seasons to groom a replacement.

He isn't cheap at $20 million per over the next 5 seasons (he's 30 now).  Wonder what it would take to get him AND if it would be worth it considering his overall cost and his propensity for injury.

Tulo is the face of the Rockies.  They'd need to be absolutely blown away to trade him.  You're talking a monster package of pitching prospects because that's what they're mostly after.  I mean you're talking Newcomb, Sanchez, Tropeano and Baldoquin at least.  That just isn't worth it.  Oh yeah, and as previously alluded to, he's made of glass. 

Tulo is the face of the Rockies. They'd need to be absolutely blown away to trade him. You're talking a monster package of pitching prospects because that's what they're mostly after. I mean you're talking Newcomb, Sanchez, Tropeano and Baldoquin at least. That just isn't worth it. Oh yeah, and as previously alluded to, he's made of glass.

Nor is it even possible, since Newcomb hasn't been with us a year yet.

Tulo is the face of the Rockies.  They'd need to be absolutely blown away to trade him.  You're talking a monster package of pitching prospects because that's what they're mostly after.  I mean you're talking Newcomb, Sanchez, Tropeano and Baldoquin at least.  That just isn't worth it.  Oh yeah, and as previously alluded to, he's made of glass. 

I wouldn't support this move.  If Colorado wanted to get rid of the $20 million and was willing to accept a much smaller deal, then maybe....

Nor is it even possible, since Newcomb hasn't been with us a year yet.

It is possible, it's just kind of silly and rare.  I know the Angels dealt Skaggs as the PTBNL to Arizona and he was hanging around for a couple of weeks before going.  The Padres SS Trea Turner is headed to the Nats in June, which is just strange.  I mean he's going to be working out at the Padres complex for the next 6 months, but won't be playing in any ball games.  Just hitting the weight room, taking some BP and fielding and then going home and counting the days until he can actually start playing in games.

It's just weird.  

It's so easy to be on board with getting Tulo in a world where you don't have to worry about the prospects you give up, the money you have to pay and the depth you need to build.

Dipoto's vision for the Angels is to get younger and more athletic. Guys like Trout, Calhoun, Richards, Cron, Skaggs, Santiago, Tropeano, Heaney and whoever wins the 2B job are part of that movement.

Acquiring a talented but injury prone 31 year old SS doesn't fit this concept, it also costs players off that list that I just named.