• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Offseason Trade Ideas

shizziejoe

Agreed. I don't think the pitching will be as much a concern as the offense.

The free agent market next year looks a little slim. They'll most likely have to acquire some bats via trades or international market.

all the more reason to keep our young pitching and see what the farm develops over the next year because we will likely have to use some of it to acquire a bat.  

This.

We need to start bringing more young cost controlled bats to build the farm. No more huge contracts for past their prime players.

I think as long as we are bringing cost controlled talent into the org regardless of whether it's position players or pitching.  Pitching seems to have more value on the trade market and I feel like their formula for acquiring young pitching might be a market inefficiency.  

But it's clear that the free agent market is not going to be a significant resource for this team going forward.  

I think as long as we are bringing cost controlled talent into the org regardless of whether it's position players or pitching.  Pitching seems to have more value on the trade market and I feel like their formula for acquiring young pitching might be a market inefficiency.  

But it's clear that the free agent market is not going to be a significant resource for this team going forward.  

I'm not against cost controlled talent - just talent that is controlled at $20M+ at 30+ years of age. This team is overpaying already.

I'm not against cost controlled talent - just talent that is controlled at $20M+ at 30+ years of age. This team is overpaying already.

exactly, and having a superstar affords you that luxury.  

Most free agents hit the market at age 30 and most free agents cost you about 7-8mil per win.  If a team had 0 WAR collectively, they would have about 50 wins.  If you filled your entire roster with free agents, it would cost you about 300mil (ahemdodgersahem) to get to 90 wins.  

Guys like Hamels and Tulo might put you ahead of the curve for the next two years.  Maybe.  But as we've seen with Pujols and even more so with Hamilton, you forced to make up those wins in short order.  

It's very difficult to win a WS title with young players. You need a good mixture of young talent and proven vets to lead the way.

Some teams even use their young players to obtain a player(s) to better the team in a area of need.

This philosophy has be used for a 100 years ... what a concept.

yes.  let's just do things the same way.  why would we want to evolve and try to improve upon processes and methods using now available superior technology.  

good luck selling those encyclopedia britannicas door to door.  

yes.  let's just do things the same way.  why would we want to evolve and try to improve upon processes and methods using now available superior technology.  

good luck selling those encyclopedia britannicas door to door.  

I was referring to the concept. Using superior technology and the human eye for evaluation is all good.