• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jerry Dipoto #AskDipoto Q&A

Richard

Jerry is answering questions on the Angels twitter account.

Some Highlights so far:

Richards ahead of schedule in rehab:

"Garrett is doing great! Ahead of schedule & throwing. We anticipate him being on a mound in Tempe - JD"

Cron splitting time at DH and first base:

Cron will get the chance 2 share time at DH backup @ 1st base & continue to grow & contribute 2 the Angels moving forward.

Rasmus possibly being a 5th starter:

Cory will come to Spring Training stretched out & ready to compete for the rotation...We have confidence he will be a great contributor in the bullpen if that's where he ends up - JD

If Sosh has input on trades and moves:

Yes we all discuss all trades w/ all of our front office group, scouts as well. Ultimately we make deals as a collab effort

Evaluation of Heaney:

Every guy is unique, 89-95 w/ FB, slurvy slider, developing changeup & throws a ton of strikes. Very few have his command.

Howie Kendrick:

Very hard to move him. A great career as a Halo a huge contributor. Forever part of the Angels Family. To get you have to give

Having enough Starting Pitching Depth:

Yes but we are also aware that pitching can be a fickle thing. Unpredictable. We feel we have put together a group of 10-12 guys.

Salas and the 7th inning role:

very likely for Salas. Great job for us last year. From May to August he was one of the key contributors that made us go...You couple him with Morin, Pestano, Rasmus & Ramos, we feel like we are in good hands in the 7th frame - JD

Josh Hamilton and 2015:

We expect Josh to be ready to play on day 1 of Spring Training & bring us his powerful upside that we have seen before...Our goal is to help him become more consistent as an Angel - JD

Edited by Richard

Who to be excited for this spring:

Unfortunately Matt Long won't be with us in Spring but we are excited to see guys like Sean Newcomb, Texas League MVP Alex Yarbrough and several other young Angel prospects - JD

Scherzer and Shields:

We really don't have a stance. They are free agents & great pitchers alike, but we feel that building a young core of pitchers like Richards, Heaney, Skaggs, Shoemaker, Tropeano & Santiago will benefit us in the long run - JD

What he likes about Joyce(or any acquisition) and what he brings:

OPS+ & wRC+. Both of which represent the contributors compared to the avg. player. Also, most importantly his platoon splits.

It amazes me that some fans still favor traditional stats over OPS+ and wRC+ 

Edited by Poozy

It amazes me that some fans still favor traditional stats over OPS+ and wRC+ 

I represent that staement. It's amazes me that baseball survived over 100 years without it. Stats have their use (shortcuts) but the eye can be more informative. Give me a old time boxscore anyday and MLBTV.

Edited by Troll Daddy

I represent that staement. It's amazes me that baseball survived over 100 years without it. Stats have their use (shortcuts) but the eye can be more informative. Give me a old time boxscore anyday and MLBTV.

w/e pimp. I'll take this as a troll post.

Not sure I understand what you mean.

Raw ERA, OPS, anything that isn't park adjusted and then comparing the current numbers to say the OPS averages from 2004.   It's a vastly different game these days.    People have yet to adjust to a league where a .700 OPS is the league average and where AL DHs combine for a .743 OPS.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Trolliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin....  trolllin...  trolllin dooooooown the riverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..............