• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Major Shift in US/Cuba Relations

Lhalo

Unless you have their expertise in international relations, social decorum, and liberal morality, you really aren't qualified to offer your own opinion on here.

why not just opine on the statement made? its not like my simple, clipped sentences require interpretation.

this kid seems to feel that i need or somehow wierdly require his correction to my writing and thought.  in the end, it ain't that important.

interesting that some personal attacks are ok while other personal attacks are banned.

why not just opine on the statement made? its not like my simple, clipped sentences require interpretation.

this kid seems to feel that i need or somehow wierdly require his correction to my writing and thought. in the end, it ain't that important.

interesting that some personal attacks are ok while other personal attacks are banned.

Wait, I personally attacked you now?

this kid seems to feel that i need or somehow wierdly require his correction to my writing and thought.  in the end, it ain't that important.

I've seen less crying in a pre-school.  There was no personal attack. 

us organized crime used to do very well there.

still frightens me that the cuban administration brought us close to nuclear annihilation.

Moscow was pulling Castro's strings. The Cubans had no nukes of their own. The Russians took advantage of our isolation of Cuba to gain a foothold in the west.

My father was in the military during the Cuban missile crisis, and I was in school in Florida. I remember the convoys rolling though town headed south, practicing evacuation drills, and learning that the only thing that will save you in the event of a direct nuclear strike is a school desk. I remember them showing us films that said if you see the flash overhead, duck and cover. They didn't bother to say that instant incineration was next, because if a nuclear missile was close enough for you to see the flash, your ass was bought and paid for. Since I was living in the city that was home port for the Navy's South Atlantic Fleet, I'm sure that we would have been high on the list of targets.

Much of what went on then was classified for a long time. My father told me years later that when it ended, his unit (in Jacksonville) was 48 hours away from being deployed to Key West, and they had nuclear tipped missiles. When they give nukes to an Air National Guard unit, it's about to get very serious.

Fast forward to 1989, and I'm walking up to a Sukhoi SU-27 at an air show in Oklahoma City and touching it, and boarding an Antonov AN-225 and talking to the flight crew.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

This whole thing really isn't funny.  First Obama allowed Mexico to infiltrate from the west, now he opens up our ocean borders to the east and more illegals. At this rate next it will be Canada and then Texas and we will be surrounded. He has began the migration of the world to our country and most whites will leave on their own or be bred out.  I am going back to Sweden.  Is that where they have the hashish and brothels everywhere?