• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Major Shift in US/Cuba Relations

Lhalo

"Intermediaries forwarding remittances will no longer require a specific license from the government. American travelers will also be allowed to import up to $400 worth of goods from Cuba, including up to $100 in tobacco and alcohol products."

Cigars and Rum for everyone!

"The United States will also ease travel restrictions across all 12 categories currently envisioned under limited circumstances in American law, including family visits, official visits and journalistic, professional, educational and religious activities, public performances, officials said. Ordinary tourism, however, will remain prohibited."

Dammit!

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/18/world/americas/us-cuba-relations.html?_r=0

i figured this would happen within a week of castro kicking the bucket, so i'm a bit surprised it's happening now.

it's going to be weird to see new cars in cuba. they've been driving 1950s era chevys for decades because of the trade embargo. the story is that getting replacement parts for their cars was so difficult that many car owners took to finding ways of making their own parts. if i owned a vintage chevy parts plant, i'd be pretty happy about the normalizing of relations with havana.

i figured this would happen within a week of castro kicking the bucket, so i'm a bit surprised it's happening now.

it's going to be weird to see new cars in cuba. they've been driving 1950s era chevys for decades because of the trade embargo. the story is that getting replacement parts for their cars was so difficult that many car owners took to finding ways of making their own parts. if i owned a vintage chevy parts plant, i'd be pretty happy about the normalizing of relations with havana.

I was about to post this.  I'm going to miss seeing all those vintage cars with some of them looking in pretty good shape.  Looked like they were stuck in the 50's.

Cigars and Rum for everyone!

Fiance just got back from Jamaica, if you come across Charley's J.B. Rum (I'm sure it's big in Cuba) do yourself the favor of staying away.

It's overproof and is 126 proof. The locals say to not shoot it because of the burn, the burn wasn't bad though. It's just simply the worst shit I've drank and I can't even describe the taste. It does the job though. The locals also have a phrase of "The first drink makes one eye close, the second drink makes both close, the third makes your mom look like a broomstick."

Still not sure what that means but it all makes drinking it tempting. But not recommended. I only had the small bottle, I can only imagine the dangers of the big one.....if you can get past the godawful taste.

Fiance just got back from Jamaica, if you come across Charley's J.B. Rum (I'm sure it's big in Cuba) do yourself the favor of staying away.

It's overproof and is 126 proof. The locals say to not shoot it because of the burn, the burn wasn't bad though. It's just simply the worst shit I've drank and I can't even describe the taste. It does the job though. The locals also have a phrase of "The first drink makes one eye close, the second drink makes both close, the third makes your mom look like a broomstick."

Still not sure what that means but it all makes drinking it tempting. But not recommended. I only had the small bottle, I can only imagine the dangers of the big one.....if you can get past the godawful taste.

Fiance? The Yiddo? Has she always been or is this new?

Edited by TobiasFunke

Fiance? The Yiddo? Has she always been or is this new?

Ironically, she's Italian. She thinks the stadium name is cute and loves the cock.

We both throw it around. It's been about four years, we aren't going anywhere. We just want to do it right and everyone isn't even expecting it to happen anymore. Just a matter of time after we accomplish some things with our careers, education, and finances that we want to.

Plus dat pre-nup.

Ironically, she's Italian. She thinks the stadium name is cute and loves the cock.

We both throw it around. It's been about four years, we aren't going anywhere. We just want to do it right and everyone isn't even expecting it to happen anymore. Just a matter of time after we accomplish some things with our careers, education, and finances that we want to.

Plus dat pre-nup.

She's a Spurs supporter, she's a yiddo.

Congrats if it is new or not

Plus dat pre-nup.

Was this a typo?  If not grats?

It was a Cold War policy that needed to be changed.

It is a Cold War policy that never worked in the first place. It did nothing but make the United States look like an arrogant bully to the international community. The theory was that cutting off American trade would force Fidel Castro out. Castro did finally leave office - about 50 years later and due to old age and ill health.

The rest of the world travels to, and trades with, Cuba. I can't travel there legally, but I can easily catch an Air Canada flight to Havana from Toronto or Montreal, or an Aeromexico or Cubana flight out of Cancun. The embargo has had no effect whatsoever except to turn some Americans into criminals for buying goods that are illegal only because of where they are produced, yet there are still those in Washington to whom changing this failed policy signifies conceding defeat. We have been beaten before without admitting it, and digging in after the reason for doing so was long gone did not change the outcome.

This will kill a few jobs, though: For those in Mexican and Caribbean ports who make a living selling fake Cuban cigars to Americans in the streets.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan