• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Giants Likely To Trade For 3B

nando714

I'd pick up Luis Valbuena from the Cubs, flip Freese to the Giants for some prospects, and have Valbuena, Green, Rutledge, and Featherston platoon all over the infield. Valbuena is the starting third baseman against RHP, Green, Rutledge or Featherston (whoever isn't playing second) can platoon at third against LHP. Aybar struggles against LHP, have Featherston or Rutledge play there against LHP. Gives the team a lot of options and a third baseman for the the next  couple years. SF has a lot of pitching prospects though, gotta see if they'd wanna deal any position player prospects. 

I'd pick up Luis Valbuena from the Cubs, flip Freese to the Giants for some prospects, and have Valbuena, Green, Rutledge, and Featherston platoon all over the infield. Valbuena is the starting third baseman against RHP, Green, Rutledge or Featherston (whoever isn't playing second) can platoon at third against LHP. Aybar struggles against LHP, have Featherston or Rutledge play there against LHP. Gives the team a lot of options and a third baseman for the the next  couple years. SF has a lot of pitching prospects though, gotta see if they'd wanna deal any position player prospects. 

If I'm the Royals I might trade Moustakes... his stock is pretty high after the post season he had.

I fail see how either is a clear upgrade over Freese.

I might trade Freese if we sign Moncada....but he may need some minor league adjustment time....

that is interesting. although i know nearly nothing about moncada. the angels would have even more cost control for future years than they do now. in some ways, you have to think that's interesting to the FO. assuming they like moncada at all.

Edited by ukyah

I fail see how either is a clear upgrade over Freese.

Did you fail to actually look at ANY numbers cause, you know, there are literal baseball encyclopedias on the internet that again, you know, you're using currently? .811 OPS against RHP last year, .347 OBP. 3-years younger than Freese and gives us someone to take over for third base after this year for at least a couple years until a better option is acquired. He'd be a nice platoon option at third and gives the team someone to take over after 2015. .050 better slugging percentage too. 

"Meh, don't recognize the name. Must not be good."

As I mentioned in the Wilson thread, Jake Lamb of the Diamondbacks is likely on the trade market because they plan to use Tomas at 3B instead of the OF. Additionally they have Brandon Drury who is only a year behind Lamb that they seem to be a little higher on.

Lamb has power and can take a walk now and then. He'd be an interesting 2-spot hitter.