• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Taliban Attack Pakistan School

Lhalo

Some of you guys (the p.c. police) are ****ing dumb, no offense. Not all derogatory words are equally offensive. "Negro" is offensive, but not nearly on the same level as "ni$#er." "Hispanic" may be deemed offensive by some, but not nearly as bad as "bean#r." Saying that "paki" is similar to "kike" is wrong and dumb.

Seriously, how do you guys make it through life without being offended every time you turn on the television, go to a movie, or log onto a message board?

Please spare us your holier than thou crap.

Some of you guys (the p.c. police) are ****ing dumb, no offense. Not all derogatory words are equally offensive. "Negro" is offensive, but not nearly on the same level as "ni$#er." "Hispanic" may be deemed offensive by some, but not nearly as bad as "bean#r." Saying that "paki" is similar to "kike" is wrong and dumb.

Seriously, how do you guys make it through life without being offended every time you turn on the television, go to a movie, or log onto a message board?

Please spare us your holier than thou crap.

Saying that Russia is a godless country and that India is in the Middle East isn't too bright, phil. Oh wait, you were just kidding right?

I didn't say that the derogatory terms were equally offensive but as I pointed it out, it evolved over time.

Saying that Russia is a godless country and that India is in the Middle East isn't too bright, phil. Oh wait, you were just kidding right?

I didn't say that the derogatory terms were equally offensive but as I pointed it out, it evolved over time.

One objective of the USSR was the elimination of religion, and the USSR was officially an atheist state. So how exactly was that comment wrong? Please educate me.

The India/Middle East comment was 100% in jest. And I explained as much after making it. But you and the rest of the leftie mob, always looking to cast a stone and demonstrate your moral superiority, chose to characterize me as a racist rather than accept as true my statement that the comment was in jest.

And while I don't usually feel the need to defend myself, I studied sociology (major), political science (minor) and history (almost a minor) at a major university, graduating cum laude. I then obtained an advanced degree. So I most definitely know that Indians (is it ok with you if I use that term, or is there a more politically correct term I can use?) are not middle Easterners.

But keep believing you and your beliefs are superior to everyone else.

1. You backpedaled in the thread where you said that Russia is godless and now you're trying to defend it? Lol, unreal.

2. Russia and the USSR are not the same.

3. The USSR's attempt to eliminate religion was several decades ago and it failed. You used the word "is" to precede godless instead of "was."

4. During the so-called India/Middle East joke, you went on about how Middle Easterns are the worst and how the cab drivers always try to rip you off lol. Methinks you had a brain fart.

5. I had no idea that mt is a lefty. Why wasn't I informed of this change?

The USSR and Russia are for all intents and purposes the same. The challenge for you on this one will be how to frame me as a "racist" for that remark, since the remark didn't implicate their race.

And I believe I referred to middle eastern *cab drivers* as cheap dicks, which in my experience is a completely true statement. I didn't say all middle Easterners drive cabs, that all middle Easterners are cheap, or that all middle Easterners are dicks. But again, take from it whatever you want and keep up the good fight. You are a morally superior person, and we all like to be reminded of that from time to time (or in each and every political forum thread).

Edited by wopphil

The USSR and Russia are for all intents and purposes the same. The challenge for you on this one will be how to frame me as a "racist" for that remark, since the remark didn't implicate their race.

And I believe I referred to middle eastern *cab drivers* as cheap dicks, which in my experience is a completely true statement. I didn't say all middle Easterners drive cabs, that all middle Easterners are cheap, or that all middle Easterners are dicks. But again, take from it whatever you want and keep up the good fight. You are a morally superior person, and we all like to be reminded of that from time to time (or in each and every political forum thread).

What's with the dramatics? No one in the India thread implied that you were a racist. We've both been posting here for some time now and I haven't seen anyone call you a racist (except cals but his posts are usually meant to invoke laughter). Enough with playing the victim, shit gets old.

The USSR and Russia are for all intents and purposes the same.

Um not really. The Russian Orthodox Church has seen quite a revival since the collapse of the Soviet Union.

It's funny how some people on here think Russia is godless and others think they are bible thumping homophobes.

googletnt2-o.gif

So you wouldn't have any issues with others using the term kike?

lol not even close to the same.

Jew is similar to Paki

It was and still is used in a derogatory nature. "you dirty jew" "jew nose" ext...

It depends on the context. 

Paki was mainly used in a derogatory way in Europe, so I would understand how it can be seen as offensive over there.

Shellback wasn't using it in any negative context.

I disagree. I don't think they're nearly as far apart as you make it out to be. The way "Paki" was used in Europe, as you alluded to, was very offensive. It was used to describe the immigrants as unwanted. I believe "Kike" was used to mock immigrant Jews who were illiterate (which of course was to no fault of their own).

Basically it depends on how the terms are used. I agree that shellback meant no harm as he may have been unaware of the history associated with that term... no.shame in that. But when both terms are used in a derogatory manner, one isn't much worse than the other.

Edited by InsideThePark

I didn't know we all had a free ride to be a shít head on here. Bak spouts ignorant crap on here and we all think it's unnaceptable. Dude calls Pakistanis, "pakis" which is a highly offensive term (like calling black people ni**ers) and it's cool.

It's amazing the hypocrisy of this board.

Edited by shellback