• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Chargers Maybe Moving

OregonLAA

I am really getting the feeling that the Chargers are moving to LA. A lot of talk by players, writers and coaches about the fans in San Diego. It just seems like it's going to happen.

What are you guys thoughts?

And what do you think LA response will be like? I know many of you have teams already. I see a lot of benefits, but I also see a lot of bad. Just wondering what you guys think

They did have previous L.A. history as well.

But it was back in 1960, the first AFL season, and followed immediately by moving to Balboa Stadium (yes, in Balboa Park) in 1961.

Send the Rams first! Then if you can't get them, then bring the Chargers, but only because of dedicating it to Mike's memory would I become permanently a Chargers fan 2ndary after always staying a Rams fan.

Edited by Angel Oracle

They did have previous L.A. history as well.

But it was back in 1960, the first AFL season, and followed immediately by moving to Balboa Stadium (yes, in Balboa Park) in 1961.

Send the Rams first! Then if you can't get them, then bring the Chargers, but only because of dedicating it to Mike's memory would I become permanently a Chargers fan 2ndary after always staying a Rams fan.

Ya I've read some owners want 2 teams here

Normally I wouldn't be one to advocate much public financing for a stadium but as a city losing out on being a preferred spot in the Super Bowl rotation will have to hurt. You'd think the city/region could offer up at least something that could compete with zero public financing in LA.

My thoughts are that if they move to LA it won't impact how many games I go to a year but to be fair I go to about one game every two years.  The biggest reason I go to Chargers games is to see the team they're playing and the second biggest reason is to turn it into a day/night trip and stay in SD.  Nothing about LA makes me want to stay there or turn a sporting event into a weekend trip.

• 2 weeks later...