• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Possible 2016 Starting Rotation

Chuck

Garrett Richards, Jered Weaver, Matt Shoemaker, Andrew Heaney, Tyler Skaggs with Sean Newcomb, Hector Santiago & Sum Yung Gui also vying for a spot out of ST.

With Weaver possibly gone after 2016, Matt Shoemaker would be the oldest on our staff. 

Excited to see Newcomb, Heaney and Skaggs all in the rotation at the same time in '17. 

Now if we can add Moncada we can talk about a positional player core of Trout, Moncada, Calhoun, and Baldoquin to go along with the pitching core of Richards, Heaney, Skaggs, Necomb, Shoemaker, etc. I'd also look into extending Aybar. 

Long term my question marks are third (hopefully Moncada is the solution), shortstop or second depending on what Baldoquin turns into, young first baseman to relegate Pujols to DH in the future, and a catcher. Extending Aybar and signing Moncada take care of a couple glaring future needs. Then you can focus on extending the young core and building up the farm. 

Let's get younger! 

Edited by nikkachez

Seems to me that for the most part Weaver never gets the respect he deserves.  Even when he was coming out of college, most "experts" projected him as a back of the rotation starter.  They said he would have arm issues because of his delivery, etc., etc.  There's been concerned about his decreased velocity and chatter about him "no longer being an ace."  And yet... he's still pitching above average and proving people wrong.  Maybe he's not Greg Maddux, but he's certainly a guy who knows how to pitch and continues to bring value.  I just wouldn't bet against him.

Zimmerman, Richards, Weaver, Shoemaker, Skaggs/Heaney/Santiago

:)

I could see it. Price will be a Dodger probably. Greinke will opt out and go to the Yankees I bet. Cueto will sign with the Red Sox

Zimmerman or Fister next offseason would be great

Edited by Butcher'd

Like Oz, I think Tropeano is more in the plans than you're giving him credit for.....

He had a WHIP below 1, an ERA barely over 3 and a K/BB ratio of nearly 4/1 as someone who was nearly 23 at AAA this season and was respectable in a limited stint in the majors too (3.32 FIP and 1.292). Not sure what he's got to do to get people excited.