• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Revisit 1999 free agency

Glausfan

We know that the Angels signed Mo Vaughn but if we go back, whom you would sign? Randy Johnson? Mike Piazza? Someone else? I wasn't too happy about when they signed Mo Vaughn.

For me, I was hoping either Johnson or Piazza. If we got Piazza and keep Edmonds, line-up may like this in 1999 and everyone healthy:

C Molina
1B Erstad
2B Verlarde
SS DiSarcina

3B Glaus
LF Anderson
CF Edmonds
RF Salmon
DH Piazza

I remember being excited about Mo. We were probably the worst team in baseball in the late 90's and this was also the first star signing I saw the team do.

For some reason I remember him either being injured or sucking outside of one season, but people seemed to be ok with his production.

I still can't believe a dude called a press conference to say he's not gay. This was probably the start of the bullshit media like the Skip Bayless show and Espns love affair with everything not related to action in the games.

I had a coworker whose sister dated him and I think proposed to her when he was with the Dodgers. She said he's an asshole.

I still can't believe a dude called a press conference to say he's not gay. This was probably the start of the bullshit media like the Skip Bayless show and Espns love affair with everything not related to action in the games.

I had a coworker whose sister dated him and I think proposed to her when he was with the Dodgers. She said he's an asshole.

Let's see that article was dated 2002, which does seem to be around the time ESPN started to really go downhill. I used to love watching Sportscenter, you know, when they actually devoted the show to sports highlights rather than Lebron tweets, Johnny Manziel getting kicked out of frat parties, and Tim Tebow's quest to save humanity. I really don't understand how this led to better ratings, I suppose by appealing to casual sports fans and people that care about celebrities' personal lives and opinions. For MLB highlights and news, I go to the MLB Network now and watch Quick Pitch or something at the end of the night; much more time spent on every highlight.

Edited by HeavenlyHalos