• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Which Angel player departure has bummed you out the most?

Docwaukee

When I think about being bummed it's because guys are traded. You can never guess when a trade is going to happen. As much as I loved Vlad and Hunter, their contracts were up so I knew it was coming.

Having said that, I'll say Kotchman might be #1 for me. I loved his glove and his swing. He never met expectations but he was one of my favorites.

I remember this so well!!

I was in Fenway watching the Angels play a weekend series. The night before, Kotchman hit a towering HR to right. The next day he was traded and Texeira arrived. I really liked Kotchman but Texeira really made it easier to deal with.

Definitely Vladdy.  I thought they should have brought him back for another year just out of loyalty.  Plus he had another year in him as he was our best offensive player after the all star break..   They decided to resign Abreu instead.  F'n Reagins.

The one that hurt the team the most was obviously Ryan.  

I was also pissed when traded Langsford for Bourelson and Hobbes I believe.  I was in HS then and don't remember all the names.  I do remember neither did well for us and Langsford had a couple of more good years.

I never understood the Edmonds trade.  Yes, I know he was hurt, and I guess he didn't rehab or something so it cost him another year.  I can't really say it hurt the Angels because of Kennedy's role in the WS championship, but Edmonds did have some HOF years in St. Louis.

It's a business and to my knowledge everyone that left their time was up or they improved us.

The only one that remotely comes to mind is I was young when Edmonds was dealt and he was my favorite player and I thought the best 5 tool player and had many great years ahead. So being a teenager I was bummed Edmonds was dealt. I was pissed when Teixiera didn't resign at the time.

I rationalize the Edmonds deal by the Kennedy 3 HR game towards a championship. 

Even worse in my opinion. But I was referring to the discussion (granted it was all on angelswin and not necessarily among the front office) "who should we retain? Vladdy or Abreu?

Gotcha.

Yeah i remember. I also remember how many people said vlad was done. That was after he hit like 280 with 25 or so home runs. Hamilton could do that next year and wed all forgive him....let that sink in

Devon white when i was a kid. Always felt like we gave up on him too soon.

Oh yeah, Devon White for me as well. Always liked him and his talent.

I was bummed when we let Glaus go too, despite having McPherson in the fold.. I thought Glaus could have been our full time DH, part time 3B/1B.