• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Which Angel player departure has bummed you out the most?

Docwaukee

Ryan, Joyner, Abbott, Finley, Vlad and Hunter.

I liked Howie a lot, but I'm neither bummed or sad he's gone. Probably because he fell short of reaching the goals we all thought he'd reach, such as becoming a batting champion (or even hitting over .300 regularly) and providing more power production. That and because I've already resigned that he'd be traded over the last couple years for pitching. 

Now he's on the Dodgers and well.... It's tough to root for anyone on the Dodgers for me. 

Wish him the best and I thank him for his contributions over the years. 

The top of the list is Eckstein.  Not only was he just kicked to the curb, they passive aggressively pissed on him and told him it was raining when they replaced him with Cabrera (who was almost stat for stat the same as Eck) for a ton of money more. He was always dismissed as "over-achieving" for (insert adjective denigrating him here). In the end, no one ever really gave David the credit he truly deserved.  Bottom line, if Eck isn't on the 2002 Angels, they never make the playoffs, let alone win the Series. While you could say that about each of the players on the 25 man roster, and all of the coaches, it was truly Eck and Erstad that set the tone of the work ethic of the club that year. The Angels have never been the same since he left. 2002 was a "working class" team who got it done.  The Angels have become a Prima-Donna clubhouse with bloated contracts.  Sure, the 2001-4 team players were still making tons of money themselves compared to their fans, but you never got the sense that they took any of that for granted. If anyone slacked off, the rest of the team kicked them in the ass to pick it up.  Now, when someone slacks off or seems lackadaisical, meh, they'll eventually turn it around, there's no need to pressure them.

Sorry for the vent, but you asked! ;)

When I think about being bummed it's because guys are traded. You can never guess when a trade is going to happen. As much as I loved Vlad and Hunter, their contracts were up so I knew it was coming.

Having said that, I'll say Kotchman might be #1 for me. I loved his glove and his swing. He never met expectations but he was one of my favorites.

Good topic.

Theres been a ton over the years. Obviously howie because its recent. Someone mentioned Conger and Trumbo because theyre local kids and I agree. I liked what trumbo brought back, but was sad to see him go. He was flawed byt fun to watch, and always seemed like one of the 'good guys'.

Hunter because of his personality and how it went down sucked. Didnt like replacing him with hamilton, and thats when i thought hamilton would be good...

Vlad was probably the toughest. Probably the best player weve had (trout will pass him but still needs a few more years IMO). He was a bonafide superstar, was always like a big kid. Even in the lean years of offense, he was as close to a guy who could carry a team alone as anyone ive ever seen. When he left, with no attempt to sign him it was a kick in the gut, made only worse by his next year in texas.

Someone mentioned eckstein and thats a great one too. I liked OC, was a lot of fun to watch (almost like a more PC aybar), but i never really felt like he was a huge upgrade (though i loved his glove). But the improvement in glove wasnt enough (for me) to watch a great story like X leave, especially while he was still very solid.

That goes for the core of the 02 team.

And not a player, but was real bummed out when rory passed. I listen to far more games than i watch, so that was tough

Edited by ten ocho recon scout