• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THANK YOU to friends of PercySquint

ElainaFrancis

Mike was an amazing man, and a huge part of this community. As you've discovered, we all loved him! Some of my favorite posts ever on this site were made by him, and he was just as much of a joy to speak to in person. Thanks for your post! I hope you stick around and bullshit Angels Baseball with us!

Thank you for the post and sorry for your loss. Many of us here have been affected by cancer in our families and there is never enough to say. Your post will equally mean a lot to people here.

Mike was a good dude and we got to reminisce about him last week, so he is still with us all.

He is greatly missed here and with those of us that were close to him.

I never got to meet your father in person, but he was always one of my favorite posters in this forum. Always opinionated, and you never had to wonder where he stood on anything. His frankness is what made him entertaining to read. Even those of us who never saw him in person have seen the pictures and know about the famous hat. He will be missed.

Thank you for your thoughtful note. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and thank the people in this forum. My condolences for your loss.

mike was one of my favorite people to talk to at gatherings. his deadpan style of humor was perfect for him, and he entertained and regaled all of us with his stories and viewpoints. i miss him greatly and will always treasure the times we were able to spend together. 

First impressions.......I first met Mike and his cool hat in 2010 at the Angelswin mid-summer BBQ.

The first thing he said to me was..."Hey that MATSUILAND thing you're doing is pretty cool......it's too bad Matsui sucks"

I laughed and agreed with him. I liked Percy right off the bat. Great guy and he will be missed.

Hello everyone, my name is Elaina and I am Mike's (aka PercySquint) daughter. I have tears in my eyes as I write this-- I am so incredibly moved by the kindness of the community on AngelsWin.com.

As you know, my dad had a brief (just over 2 months) battle with cancer. We were shocked at his sudden passing, and not a day goes by where I reach for the phone to call him. It's just surreal. My four year old son and especially my two year old daughter, with whom he had a special bond, ask about him, wonder out loud if he is looking out for us, and shout "Hi Grandad!" from the backseat of the car, anytime we drive past Anaheim Stadium and the big A.

I've always known he was a diehard fan, and have countless memories of going to games with him growing up. But I didn't know about his presence in this forum until after he passed, and what a gem it's been for me to discover. His wacky posts, all of the photos of him in that unforgettable hat, and the touching tributes many of you left upon hearing the news that he had died. My husband and I read through each one together, laughing at some memories, crying at others, and blown away by the amount of people whose lives he touched.

From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank this community for remembering my dad. For the unbelievable kindness you shared by raising funds for the kiddos. For the touching tributes in the jerseys and Angels sweatshirts, which they will proudly wear in memory of their Grandad. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I know my Dad is having a blast watching all of this unfold from above, and I know he'll be there when I take my daughter to her first Angels game, and when my son starts pony tee-ball in the spring. He'll be there with all of you guys, his buddies, as future seasons (and hopefully playoffs) unfold.

A million times over, thank you.

-Elaina Francis

Elaina, 

Loved your dad, as did all of us here. Thank you so much for sharing with us here, a place your dad visited daily. Hopefully you can make it out to our Spring Fanfest event in Tempe, AZ on March 14th. We plan to do something for your dad on the evening of our dinner event. 

In case you missed it, I put together this slideshow from some pictures of your dad at our events or while he was enjoying the Angels among friends, many of which are from here. 

Great post blarg,

Im in the camp that i never met your father personally, but he was a lot of fun to read. I think its evidence to who he was the amount of impact he had on so many on here.

My sincere sympathy for your loss, and thanks for coming on here to touch base with us.

Somehow I missed this thread...  too much work recently..  

Your Dad was quite the character.... he was known even to people who didn't frequent AW.com, I've had people tell me about the guy with the wacky hat at Angels games... it always made me smile....  I wish I been able to meet him.

Blessings to you and your entire family.