• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Angels GM Jerry Dipoto says no more likely moves; team ready for spring training

AngelsWin.com

WAR is a very flawed stat ... saying that the team may of lost a win or two doesn't make sense. Losing Howie effects every game played. When the A's traded Cespedes it affected more than a couple of games in a two month period.

Hopefully Dipoto will use the money saved to add a # 1 or 2 SP. :P

Cespedes had a much greater affect on the roster and in that line up than Howie.

Howie is solid and top 5 at his position, but let's not compare him to perennial all-stars. 

"As a side note, I'm starting to think more and more that this is the real Dipoto - that the Pujols and Hamilton moves were truly all Arte, and that left to his own devices Jerry never would have signed them."

Agree with this thought.  Seems out of character for a GM who has been focused on getting cost controlled talent to make those signings. 

You can't really argue with a 98-win season.  But I agree with this and it kinda makes you wonder where this team would be if Dipoto had full autonomy over baseball operations from the start.

"As a side note, I'm starting to think more and more that this is the real Dipoto - that the Pujols and Hamilton moves were truly all Arte, and that left to his own devices Jerry never would have signed them."

Agree with this thought. Seems out of character for a GM who has been focused on getting cost controlled talent to make those signings.

Jeff Fletcher said as much on here a little while ago.

http://www.angelswin-forum.com/forums/topic/17971-angels-out-on-lester/page-4#entry506933

Item #5

Edited by Jobu

Ibanez started the season at DH, Aybar struggled for a month and Freeze for 2 months, bullpen was a mess, Santiago/Skaggs/Wilson took turns creating a hole in the rotation. Richards' knee exploded. Hamilton and Calhoun both out for more than a month. Still won 98 games.

2015 will bring a new crop of problems that we may or may not see coming. We have pitching depth in both the rotation and pen and cash flexibility to fix things on the fly. I would still love to see some consistent LH power but if Hamilton is just average or one of the 2B options can move to the top of the lineup it's not as glaring so I don't think going into the season as is would be a terrible thing.