• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire 2B Josh Rutledge for RHP Jairo Diaz

bloodbrother

Torn on this deal. Rutledge put up some good MILB numbers but fell flat on his face during his MLB stints. I really liked what I saw from Diaz last season. His fastball/slider combo was absolutely wicked and I think he had the best pure stuff of any reliever on the team...so that hurts. Team's bullpen is deep though, so you figure they can afford it + they did add Trevor Gott in the Huston Street deal

Rutledge sucks. Disappointed that we gave up anyone of consequence for him. 

Torn on this deal. Rutledge put up some good MILB numbers but fell flat on his face during his MLB stints. I really liked what I saw from Diaz last season. His fastball/slider combo was absolutely wicked and I think he had the best pure stuff of any reliever on the team...so that hurts. Team's bullpen is deep though, so you figure they can afford it + they did add Trevor Gott in the Huston Street deal

I think we can live without Diaz. Our BP kicks ass and was considerably less important than the gaping hole that was Green at 2B without a backup plan. 

Edited by laagamer

Rutledge doesn't have to be a .300 hitter people, just needs to put up solid defense and hit around .270 and not hit into heart breaking DP's constantly... I don't think with him playing everyday that a .270 avg would be asking so much. 

Most importantly he's from Alabama... Roll Tide Baby!

Edited by Ochocinco!

Rutledge doesn't have to be a .300 hitter people, just needs to put up solid defense and hit around .270 and not hit into heart breaking DP's constantly... I don't think with him playing everyday that a .270 avg would be asking so much.

Most importantly he's from Alabama... Roll Tide Baby!

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!

The problem is that he's a career .230 hitter outside of Coors.

He's still young and still he's hit 19 HR and 21 SB in a backup role, in 268 games. 

More importantly, his minor league numbers pre-Coors Field are nice!

.328/.386/.506

27 HR, 35 SB, 80 Doubles in 264 games. 

I'm not a big fan of this trade. As I stated earlier in the who's going to play 2b trade. Rutledge's home/away splits are awful. Small sample size but something to be concerned about.

Ianetta's were awful too, but his offense has translated just fine. Sometimes simply playing in a more familiar environment helps a guy play more consistently.

Ianetta's were awful too, but his offense has translated just fine. Sometimes simply playing in a more familiar environment helps a guy play more consistently.

Ianetta has a skill that translates well across environments, which is ability to draw walks.  Again, small sample size, but Ianetta was more successful because of his ability to draw walks and not be overly reliant on avg/slg. 

Edited by aznhockeyguy