• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who's going to play 2B?

laagamer

Does that mean that Featherstone has to stay on the 25 man roster all next year. Clearly I am confused about the Rule 5 draft.

I would assume so. I don't think the post-draft trade changes anything in that regard, otherwise teams would just slect and trade with one another in order to circumvent the roster rules.

Looks like we can add Taylor Featherston to the mix at 2B, perhaps?

Jeff Fletcher ‏@JeffFletcherOCR 18s19 seconds ago

That would be Taylor Featherston, acquired by #Angels. He's 25, played AA with COL last year. Career .276. Plays all 3 IF positions.

Jeff Fletcher @JeffFletcherOCR  Â·  5m 5 minutes ago

#Angels acquired IF Taylor Featherston, who was picked by the Cubs in the Rule 5 draft, for cash #. Featherston will compete for IF job.

Damn I like him!

Talk about young players with upside! 

Does that mean that Featherstone has to stay on the 25 man roster all next year.  Clearly I am confused about the Rule 5 draft.

You're not the only one. Rule V is confusing. The only thing I know for sure is that if you draft someone in Rule 5, he has to remain on your 25-man (unless on ML team DL) for the entire year, or he goes back to his original team. Not sure how it works if you trade for someone else's Rule V pick. I assume the same...

The only month Green had more than 20 ABs last year was May with a  .361/.375/.475 in 61 ABs. He can produce given regular playing time and you know he worked his butt off last year on his defence jumping all around the field trying to improve.

I'm sure those 60 AB's were a large enough sample size.

Troll intended  :P