• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who's going to play 2B?

laagamer

They can still trade for Rutledge and let them duke it out. I love competition for playing time.

I like this idea. Cheap and effective. 

I actually don't like Josh Rutledge, take a look at his home/away splits.  It isn't pretty.  I know it's a small sample size, but I'm always very leery of a team acquiring a bat from Colorado. 

We can still get him, although my hunch is that they want to save the money from Howie's contract and go with cheaper alternatives.  Then again, they may use the money to get Shields.

Really hoping that we don't go after Shields, unless it's for a bargain (doubtful). I would rather just sit on the money until next offseason than do that.

What people have to accept is that no matter who it is at 2B now, it's gonna be a step down from Howie.  I think some people are gonna realize how much they underrated him.

Yup. He put up a 5.4 WAR last year and was huge when he took over hitting cleanup for us. I am sure going to miss him, but I still like the trade.

Edited by HeavenlyHalos

Yup. He put up a 5.4 WAR last year and was huge when he took over hitting cleanup for us. I am sure going to miss him, but I still like the trade.

Well if anyone can survive losing Howie Kendrick from their lineup, it might just be the team with the best offense in baseball last year.  ^_^

Grant Green has very good minor league numbers. 

.300 hitter with a little bit of pop. He played very well for the Angels last year. I don't see any reason why he can't be a league average or slightly above average second baseman, offensively. 

Hopefully this mexican dude they got from cuba is a player and can be ready soon. 

Looks like we can add Taylor Featherston to the mix at 2B, perhaps?

Jeff Fletcher ‏@JeffFletcherOCR 18s19 seconds ago

That would be Taylor Featherston, acquired by #Angels. He's 25, played AA with COL last year. Career .276. Plays all 3 IF positions.

Jeff Fletcher @JeffFletcherOCR  Â·  5m 5 minutes ago

#Angels acquired IF Taylor Featherston, who was picked by the Cubs in the Rule 5 draft, for cash #. Featherston will compete for IF job.

Edited by bloodbrother